Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Workers Block

Similar to Writer's Block, I have Workers Block. The kind where I sit at my desk and stare at my computer for 2-3 mins at a time. I then shuffle around some papers on my desk that need to be filled out and processed. My eyes then go back to my computer and just stare. My motivation to complete projects is so low right now. I hate that. I enjoy work so much more when I'm going at it and checking things off my little white erase board. I don't know if it's the weather, the huge window that lets me look at the weather right behind my computer, the thougths of a 3 day weekend, or if I'm just straight up losing my work mojo.

I have noticed that unless I change up my duties (hehe, Chandler) I get really bored with my task. I have to have change. Even at home, I rearrange my furniture. Working out I'll be all about running, then spinning, then nothing, then back to running. I get bored.

Just now I stopped and watched a man in a yellow shirt stop and talk to a Red Jeep that is in the KERA parking lot across the way. I wonder what they are talking about? They ahve been out there awhile. But do you see what I mean??? I'm on the "oh something shiney" track. Can't Focus!

Sigh......any help on focus, get your work done, tricks?

1 comment:

KRiSTiN said...

I have tips if you work IS tricks. Interested? Lol.