Wednesday, October 28, 2009

3am, Again

For as long has I can remember I wake up at 3am. Sometimes it's 3am on the dot. Sometimes it's like 3:10am. For a while it was 3:30'ish. It's not every night, but I would say at least 2-3 times out of the week. I wake up, roll over to look at the clock and tada!! 3am. I rememeber watching a movie once that talked about how it's like the "devils hour" or something silly like that, blah blah scary movie. But I still don't get why I do that! So after waking up at 2:55am last night and then again at 3:14am I decieded to google this theory. This is what I found:

"The hour of 3:00 a.m. has several significant meanings.In paranormal work, a lot of psychic phenomena tends to peak at this hour. We also divide the paranormal time from 6:00 p.m./9:00 p.m./12:00 a.m./3:00 a.m./6:00 a.m. There are also references to the Trinity regarding these segments of time.Many of my medic friends report that at 3:00 a.m. the volume of runs they make escalate at this hour. Also, a lot of people wait to pass at this hour. For those who are psychic mediums as myself, (and possibily yourself) waking up at the same time can have a significant meaning in that you are picking up on information from another source (person or spirit) and the hour may have some significance. My suggestion is that you keep a DREAM JOURNAL and record not only the times you wake up during the early hours of the morning, but also the dreams that come through for you. This will give you invaluable information to work from now and in the future."

Ok - that's great and all, but not helpfull. However, I found this article as well and I think I like this answer better:

"If you can fall asleep but wake up around 3 A.M. and can’t go back to sleep, this is called vata-type insomnia. Vatas benefit from oil, as they are also prone to dryness. Adding essential fatty acids to the diet can be helpful, as can oil-based massage. One could apply warm oil to the whole body followed by a warm shower in the morning. In the evening, a warm bath with soothing essential oils like lavender is calming. The classic regimen, however, is a warm foot bath followed by oiling and massaging the feet before bed. Try simply applying a little high-quality food-grade oil like sesame or almond oil to the feet and wear socks to bed. You may be surprised at how well you sleep!"

Sounds like I need an oil-based massage and then sleep with oil on my feed wrapped in socks. I will let you know how how it works.

No comments: