Saturday, November 28, 2009

5 days off work = unhappy Sunday

I can't stop thinking that I have to go back to work tomorrow. The past 5 days have been spent being lazy, eating waaaay to much food for my diet, and staring at the TV. At this point I actually slept in until 10am. That means that getting up at 6am tomorrow is going to be unpleasent and not welcoming at all. In fact....I'm already glaring at my cell phone. I know it's alarm is set to go off. Stupid Alarm.



However, I did get my whole house decorated for Christmas yesterday! Tree up and all. I have discovered I have to many holiday penguins. It is March of the Penguins in my living room and front room. Granted they are all wearing little stocking caps and scarfs. I just love how cute they look. Buuuuuuuuutttt, I have too many now. Borderline crazy penguin lady. Same with my ornaments. I have 4 types of ornaments:



1. childhood (love those)

2. trips

3. penguins

4. cats



The last one is what concered me a little. I have a lot of cat ornaments that over the past 7 years family/friends/coworkers have given me that either look like Ashe, has a picture of Ashe, or just some kind of "i love my cat" theme. This concerns me on 2 levels. 1. I DON'T WANT TO BE CRAZY CAT LADY. and 2. I almost lost my cat yesterday. Literally...almost lost him. He is a fiesty attack cat that doesn't really like anyone except people that are around him a lot. This list is short. Mom, Dad, Jill, Karen, and Preston. Everyone else pretty much thinks he is mean. But whatev. So...back to the story. My ornaments concerned me because when (and it will happen) Ashe is no longer with me, decorting the tree will be a little hard to do the first time. I never really thought it about it until today. As I was saying, I almost lost him yesterday. He jumped out my window. That's right. JUMPED OUT MY WINDOW. Still not sure how it all went down as I didn't hear anything until the breaking of the screen window and the blinds banging around. I do know it involved a stray cat that taunts Ashe on a weekly basis. It was scary!!

Anywho, while he was out running around like a kitty gangster on Josephine St. every thought went through my head. Putting up lost cat signs, seeing a car come by that doesn't see Ashe, someone shooting him!! Seriously. My mind was devestated at the idea that Ashe was gone forever.

But he is back and fine. So when I was hanging up those ornaments that I have had for the past 7 years that are a reminder of Ashe, it really made me think what I will do when that Christmas comes that...well...you know. I just never thought about it before this year. It was a strange feeling.


2 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

Ashe almost liked me once. I have pictures to prove it (You can't tell he was growling just by looking at the pictures... if you ignore the hate in his eyes).

:)

That IS a sad thought. But it'd be sadder if that next Christmas you didn't have that reminder. It's a tribute of sorts. And it will be terribly sad one day... but so much sadder if you didn't have them. Does that even make sense?

Sarah said...

it does. Thanks Durbs. I almost started crying when i was hanging them up at just the thought that someday i will have to it without him around.