Friday, June 11, 2010

Dallas Zoo

My sister, niece, and nephew came into town last weekend. They were here the 3-6. It was such a great time. I wish I could post all the photos, but we just don't have the time/space for that on here. On Saturday we got up early and went to the Dallas Zoo. It was predicted to be triple digits that day so we wanted a head start. It really wasn't that bad! The Zoo is very shaded and there was a nice breeze that brought the temperatures down. The best part is not anything I have pictures of. My sister got it on video though! There is a new exhibt called Giants of the Savannah. It is were all the elephants, lions, giraffes, etc are housed. It its like a little Africa. Well, for $5 you can buy what they called, "Giraffee Treats". It really is 3 leaves of Roman Lettuce. I bought some for Reese and we sent to the giraffees. Wow! It was so cool. I held Reese up and the giraffe at right out of her hand!! Literally ate out of her hand. She was smiling, I was smiling...we laughed. It was by far the best part.

Here are some pictures of the rest of the day.











No comments: