Friday, January 7, 2011

I can SEE!! and the after effects

Last week, my face looked like this:



I know there are a lot of things going on in this steller photo, but it is the glasses I want you to focus on. Yes, I'm wearing glasses. And I have since the 3rd grade. I wore glasses until about...9th grade I think? Wow, I just realized I don't remember when I got contacts. None the less...I have worn contacts ever since until 2010. This past summer my eyes started getting dry and itchy. They hurt when I put my contacts in. Quite frankly it wasn't worth it to me anymore so glasses was my new face.

After a lot of "ughs" and "i hate that i can't see!" comments, Preston talked me into going under the laser. I spoke with several friends whom have had the procedure and nothing but good news. One person had the procedure done 10 years ago and by the same doctor I was looking into going to. That was the stamp on the letter.

So this morning, I went into Dr. Boothe's office and had it done. I'm not going to lie, I was nervous. Scared a little and wasn't sure what to expect. I'm not going to go into details, but to be honest...I didnt like how any of it felt. It didn't hurt at all. 100% painless. But you feel pressure. And the pressure of stuff on your eyeball is unsettling to me. Here is what they did:







Now - I can SEE! Seriously, I can really see. It is 9:31pm and I am not wearing anything on my eyes and able to watch TV, look at this computer, and see all the way into the kitchen! I can see! It's amazing. I have to put drops in every 15 mins so that kind of hinders my night, but it's worth it.

It's strange how when good things happen you feel like doing all sorts of things! You are in such a GREAT mood, etc. In 50 days Preston and I will be getting married at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The days up to the wedding date we will both be staying at MGM but with friends. I have booked a room with my friend Lauren. Preston also has booked his room. However, our reservations at MGM have a check out day of the 26th. Meaning when we get married on the 26th we will not have anywhere to stay! Problem solved on this "after effects" Lasik day.

We got a suite at the Bellagio and I couldn't be more excited in my life!!! It overlooks the fountains and has plently of room for a tiger in the bathroom. Anyone that is staying in LV for our wedding after the 27th...party in our room!! I.Can't.Wait. (Durbin, you REALLY need to work on your speech now.)



After that was done, I couldn't stop. We were so happy we wanted to dance. But we aren't good dancers, and there is only one way to get that fixed. We already ahve the Xbox 360, but not the kinect motion bar. Well..that just wasn't going to do. Thank you amazon.com!



I am going to work on my dancing and my workouts! I can't wait to have my girlfriends over before we go to Vegas to dance away!!

Thank you Dr. Boothe!
Thank you Bellagio! (and Preston)
Thank you Me! (and amazon.com)
and last but not least....

Thank you Walmart Pharmacy for filling my Vicodin Rx for my eyes. You have made this day really enjoyable.

No comments: