Sunday, May 5, 2013

It's a Sunday Thing

For the past several weeks I have written about what I did on my weekends.  I am seeing a pattern here folks.  You might be hearing from me every Sunday.  This weekend was a trip! Literally.  A trip to Oklahoma.  My husband went to Colorado with his good friend Tim to do a race.  They did the Ft. Collins half/full Marathon to be exact.  Pretty proud of them.  Good job Preston & Tim.  So, I went to Bixby, OK to see my nieces and nephew.  I got up with Preston at 6am on Saturday and took him to the airport to go to CO.  After that I went straight to Bixby.  I was there by 11am.  Check it out! 

For the first time ever, I went to a kids movie...with kids...in the middle of the day.   Totally different than a 9pm movie, but I loved it. I think they did too.  We saw The Croods. 
Gage might have been a little worn out.  
Big Sister Love!


Big Brother Love!

The next morning we were ready for puzzles. 


Drew was set to open the clock box.  Her face tells it all.  Intense!

Gage drew this for me.  My sister said it was the first time she has seen him draw a person.  I feel pretty special!

Drew Caroline!
 I left Bixby as they went off to church.  I discovered on my drive up that my XM radio has a book station!  On the way up there I listed to several short stories.  So on the way back down I was excited to listen to more.  It really passes the time.  I settled into a good adventure story set in New England.  It was really great!  I had to stop and get gas, which was really hard!  It wasn't like I could press pause.  But alas, I stopped and got gas and picked up a Happy Meal.  Check it out! They still package the Happy Meals "old school".
 

I then made it to Allen, TX where our good friends The Hess' live.  Preston is off with Tim right now so his wife Stephanie and I had planned a day of girl time.  Prior to meeting up with her I stopped off at the Allen Outlet Mall to score some new work clothes.  LOVE Banana Republic outlet. I saw the Hess' new house and it is so beautiful!! We then went to go celebrate Cinco de Mayo.  Steph is 8 months pregnant and gorgeous! 
Happy Cinco de Mayo! I with my Margarita and Steph with her Virgin surprise.
 After several hours of drinking, eating, and talking I headed back home.  I made myself a mean bowl of easy mac with a can tuna and turned on Netflix.  But before I did anything, I settled down with my new book from my dear friend Kacie.

Henri, le Chat Noir
This book is amazing.  This cat is amazing.  In fact...this weekend is pretty amazing.  Thanks again for another good weekend friends! I think I like this Sunday blog thing.  It's like a week in review. 

No comments: