Sunday, January 26, 2014

I miss my phone plug in.

When I started my new job I got a new phone.  I went from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5.  I was pretty excited, but then the idea of change came over me and I have been struggling ever since.  The first thing that became clear to me was my case.  I had to get a new phone case. Sigh.  I'm so lazy!  Something so simple shouldn't be that hard, but it was.  So I ordered the case and once I go it, the coloring was different than it was for the 4.  It still bugs me.

Then I realized that my songs weren't there so I had to do the whole transfer thing with with iTunes.  That is a beating.  If you have ever had to do this, you know that it takes at least a hour and you have to curse at your laptop at least twice before it works.  Then not everything transfers.

After that I had the sad moment of going to place my phone on our music speaker tower that we got from Brookstone only to discover that it would not accept an iPhone 5.  I can't play music on our tower that fills our home with tunes while cooking or entertaining guest.  I'm rolling my eyes at this point.

The last and final thing that has been a victim of this change is my blog.  Right here, as I type.  Before my phone switch I had a charger by my bed and a charger by the sofa.  When I would go to bed at night I would plug in my phone and let it charge over night.  I still do as I replaced my 4 charger with my 5 charger.  I only got one charger with my phone so there is nothing by my sofa.  This is where my laziness comes into play.

So, in order for me to download photos from my phone, I have to plug it into my laptop of course.  It was easy when I had the charger by the sofa as I could just detach and attach to my laptop.  Now I have to walk up stairs, unplug from the wall by my bed, walk back downstairs, plug into my laptop, download, then remember to bring it BACK upstairs with me before I go to bed.  I know what you are thinking.....and I know...I'M LAZY.  That sounds like so much work.

Because I haven't done any of that I haven't been able to use photos in my blog and as a result, I haven't blogged.  I have had plenty of thoughts to write about!  Some juice ones too, but without photos it just doesn't have the same impact.

This week I am going to get a 2nd plug in to keep by my sofa so I can continue to do this.

THIS JUST IN: We are going to Vegas in a couple of weeks.  Preston just asked me and I said yes. Ha! I love Sunday's.

No comments: