Sunday, February 15, 2015

Homemade Cheez-Its

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and it looked so simple I had to try.  Now I know it's impossible for anything to taste as good as the original Cheez-It.  These tasted more like just a good cheese snack.  Not a Cheez-It.  None the less, it was easy to make!  Anything that you can do while home alone with a 12 week old baby is an easy recipe.  Amiright?!

The recipe itself is hyperlinked above, but here it is again: http://www.wheelndealmama.com/homemade-cheez-its-recipe/

You will need cheese, salt, butter, flour, water and shortening.

Mix the cheese, butter and shortening together.

It gets all crumbly.

Add the flour and it gets even more crumbly!

Add in your water and it slowly turns into a ball of dough.

Ball up the dough and wrap in Saran wrap.  Place in fridge for at least an hour.
 Time Out: The recipe says to roll out and place on parchment paper.  I didn't have any so I didn't use any.  Life moved on and we all survived.

Roll out dough......

Super Thin.

Using a pastry cutter or in my case, a pizza slicer, and make a rectangle.

Then make your squares and holes.

Place on cooking sheet and bake!


Annnnnd they are done!


Homemade Cheez-its. They only stay fresh for about 2 days.  They were fun to make and I'll probably make them again as a party snack!

No comments: