Thursday, August 27, 2009

I Swear It Wasn't There

Two nights go I was home watching TV with Ashe when I decieded to get a glass of water. Normally I do not put ice in my water. Not b/c I don't like it or anything, just I don't care if it is there or not. Unless I'm super hot, then of course it's nice. But I usually will just put my Joe's cup under the faucet and filler' up.

On this parTICular night I wanted ice. I keep my ice pick in the freezer. It just makes more sense to me that it should stay there. When I need it, it is there. Since I don't use ice that much it just sits there and tends to stick together in little village ice houses. My top shelve has nothing on it but this said ice pick. I open my freezer reach for some ice and it is a solid mass that I can not fit in my Joe's cup so I look up to the shelve for my pick. And that is when it happened.....the ice pick was GONE.

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN.......

I know I didn't move it. I put my hand up there and patted around as if it was just invisible and really was there. Right away my "love for scary movies" mind kicked into gear and I just knew someone was in my house, upstairs, in my closet, under my bed, just waiting to pick me to death. I closed the freezer and looked in my drawer that has all that stuff. It's not the silverware drawer, it's that other one. What do you call that? You know the one, it has the wooden spoons, random knifes that aren't in the block, big serving pieces, can opener, etc. Anywho I checked in there. Nothing. I went ahead and got my water and went back to my sofa. Thinking hard if I had moved it. I just loaded the dishwasher earlier that night so I know it was in there.

I text my friend Durbs to let her know my ice pick was missing just incase something did happened to me someone would know. I didn't get a response so I guess she didn't care. Thanks Durbs! I have yet to find my ice pick and am still alive. The only place I haven't looked for my killer is the attic. If that is were they are I'll let them stay, pretty hard to get up there and with this 100 + degree Texas weather I'm sure they are dead by now anyway.

So - this is my public annoucement that my ice pick has gone missing in my house. Although I wouldn't put it 100% past Ashe to have it, you never know.

2 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

Lol, I did care!! My response was just so long and I don't have a messaging phone anymore. And I was feeling tired and lazy, lol. You know, one night, you're going to be getting in bed, and the phychotic homeless guy that's living in your attic will be under your bed. Remember the Pet Sematary (is that how they mispell it?) scene with the ankle...

Okay, the point was to scare you into moving in with me and having daily gossip fests and wine nights. Did it work? :)

Don't act like you won't check under your bed tonight. ::Chuckle::

Sarah said...

I really did think about the scene with the ankle when I couldn't find the pick!!!

yea - I checked.