Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Stuck

I couldn't figure out what I wanted to wear to work today. I saw this dress in my closet that I really like, but rarely wear. It needed ironing, but why not. I'll wear it! I plugged in the iron and went back to blow dry my hair. Any girl with hair that goes beyond their shoulders knows that blow drying your hair can get hot and yucky. About half way through it your hair is dry on the outside but still damp underneath. Then you are starting to sweat b/c the hot air is blowing on you. Alas, you push on through until you are finish. Yuck. Afterwards I put hot curlers in my hair, only to make me more hot, but I gotta have my curl.

While I leave the curlers in I go to iron my dress. This takes about 6 mins. I'm just about cooled off and the fan blowing right on me helps. I lay my dress across my bed and proceed to take my curlers out in the bathroom. Oh' and not that it brings anything to the table, but I have KKITM playing in the background and my cat is sitting on the bed watching all of this. Anywho, I finish taking out my curlers, my hair is hot and I'm starting to get sweaty again. I take off my T-shirt (oo la la) and unzip the dress to put it on. Now - remember, I love this dress but rarely wear it. I remembered today why.

I pull the dress over my head and realize I didn't unzip it all the way. Pull it back off and unzip and then pull it back on. It slips right on, lovely. I reach around to zip it up and I'm only able to zip half way do to the fact that my arms just don't bend like that. I pull the dress up over my head a little so I can zip it. It is at this position that I realize my fatal flaw. This dress is only worn when there is someone else to zip it up for me. It is impossible for me to do it alone. I am now stuck with my arms half way out, the top of the dress is around my shoulders with my hair puffed out the very top all frizzed and curled. And Hot. I laugh a little and try to shimmy it down. It doesn't move. I'm starting to get hot here people. The lower part of me, a.k.a by rear end is just chilling out. I can't really see much b/c of the way my hair fell when I tried to pull the dress down. I try to move again to unzip but my hand can't reach the zipper now. DON'T PANIC. So what if they find me a week later dead on the bedroom floor with a dress up around my torso, naked, and my cat eating my arms.

I take a deep breath and reach out with my right arm. Awww, I was able to reach the zipper. I unzip the horrid fabric trap of death and throw it on the floor. Half expecting it to jump up and attack my face. Yes, that is way I rarely wear that dress. Unless someone is there to zip and unzip me....not going to happen.

No comments: