Thursday, April 22, 2010

My first NFL team.

Growing up in the state of Oklahome we did not have an NFL or NBA team. When it came to sports you were either an OSU or OU fan. That was pretty much it. OKC now has an NBA team, but it really means nothing to me as I quickly became a Dallas Mavs fan 8 years ago when I went to my first game.

When it came to NFL football I watched it and don't get me wrong...I enjoyed it..but have yet to buy any thing that makes me a "fan" of an NFL team.

Until today. 4/22/2010 will go down in history as the day I offically became a Dallas Cowboys fan. It is bittersweet as my dear close bridesmaid of a friend is a die hard death hater of the Cowboys. She would marry Ben Rothes-don't know how to spell it-berger in a heartbeat despite his recent "stuff". The steelers run in her family and she bleeds yellow and black. But I am sorry Karen...I hope you understand.

Dez Bryant of the OSU Cowboys is now a Dallas Cowboy. I couldn't be happier. I jumped off the sofa and fist pumped in the air. Seriously, I have my first true fan of an NFL team. I would have been a fan of whatever the team was that Dez went to, I would have! But the fact that it is in my City AND he is still a Cowboy just is awesome.

Thank you Jerry. Thank you Dez. and Thank you Karen for talking to me still as I wear my Cowboys jersey next you in public.

1 comment:

KRiSTiN said...

OMG. You remember how to blog.