Thursday, May 13, 2010

"I followed her into the Loo" - Honey from Knotting Hill

I had an akward moment today at work. But I think it was only akward for me.

I walked into the restroom at work and there was someone washing their hands. We said our polite "hello." "hello.". I walked allllllllll the way to the very last stall, grabbed the door to open it (no, no one was in it. i know that is what you thought i was going to say). As I am opening the door to go in, the person at the sink starts talking to me.

"oh Sarah! I wanted to tell you...."

I am standing there. Hand on the door, one foot in the stall, and they proceed to try to have a work conversation with me about their benefits. Really? Can't this wait until we are out in the business world instead of the "business world". I was so uncomfortable. I mean, I was on my way into the STALL.

Converstations should never happen in Restrooms unless it is after 10pm, you are with a friend, and it involves some good gossip or secrets that you just HAVE to tell them right now and not at the table surrounded by the ones you speak of. Am I not correct on this one?

Does anyone else find bathroom convo at work akward?

3 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

OMG!! The same thing happened to ME today, too!! Not about benefits and I was actuall IN the stall WITH THE DOOR SHUT AND PANTS TO MY ANKLES. SO WEIRD!!! Boundries, people!!!

Sarah said...

it's a very violating experiance. like i literally felt like I was standing there naked!

Krista said...

there is a lady that works somewhere in my building that takes her phone to the potty and proceeds to have long serious conversations while doing her thang.

sometimes, just to be mean, i will flush like 8 times while she is on the phone so the person she is talking to will know that she is pewping.

now that i am pregnant and queasy all the time, i can't wait until the day she is in there talking to some person while i am hurling loudly next to her.

that'll be fun. :)

..i am so not ladylike...