Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Coming up for air!

What a busy past month I have had. I have been meaning to write and I just haven't had time! It's been crazy. I don't want to spend this whole time going over everything I have been doing, because that will just take FOREVER. So, I will just start from right now. I have 2 new things that are exciting right now:

1. Greek Yogurt
2. Walking

Ok, I know what you are thinking. "Really Sarah? that is the most exciting thing in your life right now?" Yes, friend (hi kristin) or random person (what up?) reading this, that is what I said. Greek yogurt and walking. Let me tell you about them.

My friend Jessica is in school for..well, now that I'm typing it I dont know the actual degree..but it's all Sports Medicine, Health, training, etc. This girl knows what she is talking about. So anyway, she told me some healthy alternative's for snacks and what not. One that really surprised me was greek yogurt. I just LOVE that stuff. And here is the best part. The plain works as a great replacement for sour cream!! I know the sour cream god's are in disbelief that I would even say such a thing. But it's true. I love sour cream and it makes me sad that it is so bad for you. I would easily eat half of a tub on any food. Which brings me back to the happiness of finding the healthy alternate such as Plain Greek Yogurt. Rejoice!! Now go make yourself a taco salad.

On to the next thing, walking! Our work is doing a Global Corporate Challenge of walking. It's start in May and goes to September. The goal? Walk 10,000 steps a day. 10,000 steps A DAY!! I wore a pedometer today to see how I held up to that. It is 8:30pm, I took the long way around the office, and went to the gym. I have only taken 8,191 steps. I have to come up with close to 2,000 more steps in order to succed in this mission. This challenge is going to change my life! I am going to have to really become more creative with my walking. Slightly excited...but nervous. I'll keep you posted on my progess.

No comments: