Thursday, August 2, 2012

CHICAGO!!!

I'm so excited!  We are going to Chicago!  I have to be there for work a Wednesday-Friday so Preston and I used our brains and thought, "Hey. What if you fly in on Thursday? Then we can spend Friday - Sunday in Chicago on a mini vacation."  TaDa! That is how a mini vacation is born.

Wednesday - Friday I'm staying at a swanky hotel downtown since it's you know, work and all.   After that is over I'm checking out and we are staying in a B&B in what I'm slowly learning is called the Lakeview part of Chicago.  So many adorable things about this place.  It is called The Old Chicago Inn.  Check it out!

http://oldchicagoinn.com/

The rooms do look small, but we are ok with that.  We plan on being out and about the majority of the time. One of the many things that made me pick this place is you can walk to Wrigley Field.  We plan on going to a Cubs game on Saturday so it is perfect.  I have Preston's old little league shirt that I plan on wearing because, yes, they were the Cubs.  It even has the name Sherrell on the back. yeah!

This trip isn't for another month so you will have to wait to see if I use my camera skillz like I said I would.  I plan on having silver bean pictures, "look at this pie!" pictures, navy pier pictures, baseball....you get the picture. Ha! get it.

Ok - There you have it.  We're going to Chicago.




No comments: