Saturday, November 8, 2014

Gooooooo Cowboys!

Growing up in Oklahoma, there wasn't a strong influence of NFL sports.  At least not in my family.  The focus was more on college football and basketball.  I knew about the NFL and would love to watch the Cowboys on Thanksgiving day while drifting in and out of a turkey induced coma.  All that being said, when I moved to Dallas it took me a long time to actually say I was a Dallas Cowboy fan or any NFL fan for that matter.  It was when Dez Bryant was picked up that I finally agreed to commit to the Cowboys.  Preston was so excited.  He came home one day and had a sporting goods bag on the sofa.  When I asked what it was he told me to open it up.  Sure enough, inside was my first ever NFL article of clothing.  A Dez Bryant jersey.  I loved it!! 

4 years later I'm going strong as a dedicated fan.  The Cowboy's haven't had the best track record the past couple of years, but I like to stick to a team regardless of their season.  They will come back around......eventually. 

Last spring we went to a charity event for my job and they had a silent auction.  One of the prizes was tickets to a Cowboy game with parking pass.  The schedule hadn't been announced yet so we didn't know which game.  We did know we were due in November so it was a risky bet.  Preston went for it and we won!  We found out in August we had tickets to the November 2nd game.  Whew...so close.  It was a noon game so we got there around 10'ish and tailgated with some friends who also had tickets, then headed inside.  On our way in, I asked a random person to take our picture in front of the stadium.  Thanks Person. See below:

Isn't is AWESOME how you can see the stadium in the background?  And Look how flattering I look in that picture.  I just love the added touch of their finger in the upper right hand corner too.  So happy we got that picture.
 
Our seats were in the 200 section so we just walked right in and down to our seats. Pretty easy to get to which was nice.  We both have been in the stadium numerous times for concerts and college games, but this was our first NFL game in "Jerry's World".  I was pleased to see the roof was open as the weather was wonderful!


I still can't believe how ridiculous the TV screen is in this place.  It's just....huge.  I sometimes find myself watching the screen instead of the event going on live right in front of me.  It wasn't long before it was game time!  The entrance for teams is one of my favorite parts of any game.  The music, the lights, cheering.  Really gets you pumped up!



The Cowboy's lost this particular game.  Bummer.  Romo didn't play due to a bad back so we were a little disappointed as we really wanted to see him play.  But that's ok, it is just a game.  We had a wonderful time and I was pretty comfortable at 37 weeks in a stadium chair.  I had planned on wearing my jeans, but last minute I switched to my yoga pants.  I was glad I did as I was comfortable the whole time regardless of my lack of fashion. 

I know I keep saying it, but I can't believe we will be a family of 3 in less than 2 weeks! I treated myself to one last pedicure.  Not last pedicure forever, but probably for 2014.  I just don't see how I will have time or the desire.  I may feel differently, I don't know! But that is not a chance I want to take so pedicure time it was.  They had a November special of Pumpkin Pie! Oooookay? 

It did smell good and I thought it was fun they put whipped cream on my legs like a pie. So silly. 



No comments: