Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Trick or Cheesy!

Tonight I pulled out all the stops and made a gourmet meal. The best thing to make when you don't want to make any effort.
Kraft Macaroni & Cheese: Halloween Edition
 
I have to admit, lately I've been eating poorly.  This past weekend and week I have dabbled in pizza, mac-n-cheese, chips, and the ultimate sinning food....chicken fried steak.  October 26th was Texas Chicken Fried Steak day!  After looking around on Yelp and reading Observers reviews we landed on a well known establishment called Babe's.  We had both heard of the Babe's, but had yet to make a visit.  That is now over, we went to Babe's.
 

 

The mashed potatoes and corn were so amazing I could eat it as just my meal.  I can't wait to go back after we have the kid.  With my sudden change of eating habits, I'm pretty sure this shirt is true. (note I am holding an apple in my hand, so there is that)

 
Let me back up to before the great CFS adventure.  My friend Summer ran her first Half Marathon on Saturday and we went to go cheer her on.  I ran my first half 8 months ago and it wasn't an easy thing to do.  The training that goes into something like that takes a lot of your time.  We made some fun signs and hung out on the Katy Trail then joined up for Brunch.
 

I just love watching road races!

Finally, on Sunday we went by the house with Preston's parents.  There wasn't much change on the construction in general, but they did have our driveway/sidewalk blocked off for pouring.


 
That's all I've got for today.  3 weeks left until our little guy shows up!  Our apartment is getting more and more cramped.  I misplaced some gift cards and about chalked it up to gone before I finally remembered I put them in the pack-n-play.  Because that makes sense.  Strange actions I have these days! 

No comments: