Tuesday, October 14, 2014

5 weeks Left!

This Thursday I'll be 35 weeks pregnant!  Everything will change and for the better in my opinion.  In case you haven't noticed, I have been trying to blog as much as possible as I'm pretty sure after our little guy arrives I will go radio silent.  Maybe a midnight post here and there.  I want to blog! I want to document our journey.  I found out about a website called sharedbook.com that will publish your blog entries.  Since I've been blogging since 2007 I had a lot of entries saved up.  I figured this was an excellent way to have them printed and saved so I could easily look back and read someday.  Granted all of this will be on the internet, but there is something about holding a real book that pleases me.  So far I have had 2 books made.  Vol I: 2009-2010 and Vol II: 2011-2013,  I love the way they look!

So, with that being said....here is what we did this past week.

It's time for the Texas State Fair! Howdy Folks.  We went with a group of friends again this year and met at our friends place, Big Tex.  He is always so welcoming. 

 
When we first walked up I saw my friend Summer and Sara.  Sara had her back to me.  As she turned around, I was greeted with the best surprise ever! She is pregnant.  With TWINS!!  I loved her shirt.  So of course we had to take a picture together.  All 5 of us. 

 
After jumping around and cheering with joy, we all made our way to the important part.  The food.  The big item this year was Sriracha Balls. Hard to explain, but they are like a hushpuppy meets meatloaf and then mixed with Sriracha sauce.  I liked them, but could only eat half of one as I knew the heat would give me heartburn.  #babyproblems

 
It was then time to move on to the perfect item at the fair....a Fletchers Corn Dog.  Just look at this beauty.  Could it be any more perfect? 


Next up was another new item.  Texas Blue Bonnet.  It was a blueberry muffin that is flash fried and topped with cool whip, blueberry sauce, and white chocolate chips.  It was surprisingly good!


 
State Fair 2014 - Group Shot
 Friday we then headed to Bixby for the weekend.  This was the first time I was seeing my family since we were in Germany.  I was 5 months pregnant and wasn't showing at all so this was going to be a real shocker!  It was fun.  Although the drive down there wasn't.  Bad Rain Storm.  At one point we couldn't see the road at all.  It was scary, but we made it.  Saturday my 2 friends from High School Lauren & Miranda were throwing me a Baby Shower.  I can't express how grateful I feel to have them do this for me.  It was so beautiful!  There are a lot of pictures, but I can't just pick a couple. 



















It was absolutely amazing.  It made this whole baby thing seem more real.  I mean, I know it's happening, but getting showered with so many gifts makes it a part of reality. That afternoon we did some maternity pictures.  We have only received one so far from the photographer, but from the ones she showed me while we were taking them I loved!  I'll save the pictures for another blog post.

Finally Saturday night we had a big family dinner at my parents.  My Aunt and Uncle were in town from California so it made it extra special that we were all together.  It was our annual lobster boil.  I took some pictures of the backyard of us boiling them, but they are the same pictures as every year.  Instead I thought I would post this picture of the group right before we ate.  My dad took the picture so he isn't in the shot, but still a good photo of everyone.


It looks really festive with all the colors!  Sunday we slept in and then headed out around 11am.  The drive was much more enjoyable in the day time and no rain!  We stopped for lunch and gas, but other than that we made it back to Dallas around 3:30'ish.  Unloading the car was tasking as we don't have much room in the apartment.  We made it work though!  Thank you again to everyone for the wonderful weekend.  Both friends and family!

No comments: