Sunday, July 4, 2010

I take it back.....

So it's not the worst 4th of July ever. Our engagment annoucment was in the paper today! Check it out:



Sherrell - Gibson

Jeffery D. & Jane E. Gibson of Bixby, Oklahoma, are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Sarah Jane Gibson of Dallas, to Preston Ray Sherrell of Dallas. The prospective bridegroom is the son of Ray & Julie Sherrell of Arlington. The wedding will be on May 14, 2011, at First United Methodist Church of Dallas. Published in the Dallas Morning News on 7/4/2010.
Yeah Us! Slightly cheesy...I know. But I remember as a kid always looking at the Sunday paper and reading the celebration page. I would look at the pictures and read every word about the couples. I loved having a glimpse into their weddings. It just seems so cool and real. I like how old fashion it is. Parents letting the community know their daughter is to be married to said family. I just love it. We chuckled at the picture because everyone else had these professional engagment pictures. We took our favorite picture from a Mavs game.

No comments: