Friday, July 2, 2010

Wise Words

I had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday. My dentist has been trying to have me do the deed for years!! But there was no need in my opinion. They were in, straight, fully there, and not in pain. They did nothing to me, why should I kick them out of my life? Well, they finally did something to me, one of them grew a cavity. I was so good flossing, brushing, etc...but not good enough. The dentist finally got me to agree, "trying to fill that cavity will be a waste of your money". It's all downhill from there.

So, for my Dallas friends, I made an appointment at Floss. I went to the location next to the Loon. I highly recommond the place. Not only do they accept Metlife Dental, they give you lifetime of Zoom whiteing. Bonus for the wedding! Anyway, I start to get nervous around noon yesterday. It was getting closer to 2pm. At 2pm i had to take a pill that would calm my nerves and then Preston would have to drive me to the place. My appointment was at 3pm. By 2:30 I was feeling fine. Woohoo!

Then...I'm in the chair. I have the gas going, I'm having weird thoughts about vegtables. I always think about veggies when I'm under the influence of morphine or gas. So strange. Anyway, Dr. Steffens starts to pull out one tooth and I'm not liking this. I don't say anything, just lay there. He is done with that one and moves on to the next one. Tears run down my check and he stops. "am I hurting you?" I reply, "no..not at all..it just feels weird. i don't like it. i feel weird" I start crying. Who does that at 30 years old?? Embarrsing. He tells me he knows and he is sorry. He stops working on me and says he will give me a break to adjust after the first one. It can be kind of shocking to have 4 teeth ripped from your head. I'm pretty sure they turned up the gas.

I don't remember much after that. I remember walking out and seeing Preston and getting in the car, then I was on my sofa trying to watch my dvr of Pretty Little Liars. That didn't work! I slept until 6:44 this morning. (according to the email I got on my work phone that woke me up)

Today I'm feeling better as long as I don't walk around a lot and take my medicine. Feeling sleepy now. Peace Out - hello sofa.

No comments: