Thursday, June 14, 2012

Best Out of Office

I sent an email today at work and got a very odd Out of Office.  It looked a little something like this:

From: Person
To: Sarah Sherrell
Subject: Out of Office: My original subject line                                                      
A
____________________________________________________________________________

That's it.  That is all it said.  A.  What does that even mean?  I showed it to my coworker and she also was confused.  We both tried to figure out what it meant.  She decided it meant they said, "Boom! (hits A on key board dramatically) I'm out of office!"  We laughed about that for awhile.  Reenacting the scene.  Oh...that was fun.  About 30 mins went by and I was still wondering, what does this even mean?  How did the person even "accidentally" create that out of office?  Anyone that has done an out of office know the steps it takes to create the message.  

I then took it one step forward.  Literally.  I forwarded the response to my husband, I just had too.  I didn't say much in my email to him.  All I said was, "take a look at this."  Within 5 mins a got a reply back from him.

"Looks like the mystery of Pretty Little Liars has been solved."

I am not even kidding when I tell you that I yelled out loud with laughter.  My coworker immediately was alarmed.  "What! What's wrong?"  That was the ultimate best email I have gotten to date of his emails to me. You see if you watch the show Pretty Little Liars (PLL), the whole mystery about it is who is A.  A signs all the letters and death threats with just that...A.  A will say things like, "You think you know...but this has only just started. -A".  Preston is not a fan of the show, but is forced to watch it sometimes.  I read the books first and told him all about it so when I found out it was becoming a TV show he was really thrilled.  He's a trooper about it though and I DVR a lot of them so he doesn't really have to watch them, but his response was very impressive!  I didn't even think about that and I loved those books.

I wish I could print out the email and put it on my wall at work as a reminder, but I can't because the person who sent the Out of Office might see it and then it's just awkward.  But none the less, a GREAT email.

No comments: