Monday, June 4, 2012

Got a Secret!

Tomorrow is the big day!  Pretty Little Liars is back on the air.  A show alllll about secrets.  Sorry if I let you down in thinking I, myself, had a secret.  But the opening song to Pretty Little Liars says the lyrics, "got a secret can you keep it......lock it in my pocket take this one to the grave"  or something like that.  Anyway, the show comes back tomorrow and I'm excited.  

I'm also excited about this new trail Preston and I found on Sunday over by White Rock Lake.  It's very close to the spillway, but it's a nature hiking trail!  Completely in the depths of the woods.  Enough that I was a little freaked out a couple of times.  You would have no idea that you were in the middle of Dallas, TX.  At one point we got to a crossroads.  We stepped into an opening and there were paths in 3 directions, which way do we go?  One to the left, one to the right, or the one straight ahead with a fallen tree laying across the path. ::black stare for answer::  Now I have seen enough scary movies in my lifetime to know that you DON'T pick the path that has the fallen tree laying across the path.  But Preston saw that as an invitation.  "Are you kidding?" I stood there looking at him straight out of a movie scene.  He started walking towards the path.  "Preston, no.  I know you have seen enough movies to know that is a bad idea!!  I'm not going that way."  He laughed at me and said it was fine, it will be an adventure.  Ugh - "that is also what they always say."  This was not going well.

I stood there with him in front of the tree trunk trying to talk him out of stepping over it, but I lost.  He took a step over the trunk.  I swear I heard the breeze blow through the leaves and a crow caed (how do you spell that? the crow said, "ca ca" but in past tense.) He basically unlocked the gateway.  "Great." I said and threw up my arms, "you did it now!" So I stepped over the death log and followed him.  Not far after we were down the path a lizard appeared on the side of the path.  I didn't like that.  I kept telling Preston we had to go back or this was how we were going to die.  Finally after the brush was reaching into the path and trying to drag us away he finally agreed to stop the Horror film and go back.  Thank goodness!  Dodged that blockbuster bullet.  But I have to admit, I wouldn't completely be opposed to that being how we go.  They would have made a really good show about it on A&E or Lifetime.  

Anyway, the point is we made it out of the death log path and on to the others to explore.  We are going back soon with bottled water and a picnic lunch.  Preston says to eat lunch, I say to survive when we fall into the old man Johnson mine that the city didn't know was out there.  

My only regret was that I didn't have my phone to take pictures of this place.  Of course I'm sure there is no service out there, but at least I would have had something to have fun cute photos of to drop as we ran from the chupacabra.  Then someone would have found the phone, viewed the pictures.  I could just keep going on and on about the perfectness of this hike!!  I'll bring the phone next time and take photos.  

I'm happy to be able to write this blog since I survived. 

No comments: