Monday, May 28, 2012

I have a love/hate relationship with the outdoors!!

2 days ago I was happy with the weather.  It was starting to warm up, lots of activities up ahead, I was excited!    Today I am sneezing, congested, and my right eye is leaking.  Not like, "OMG MY EYE IS LEAKING!", but it is watering non stop.  Very annoying.  However I have no one else to blame but myself as I spent the majority of Saturday basically rubbing my face in Mother Natures very essence of all that is involved with allergy's.

Did you know that Dallas has it's very own mini Bellagio dancing fountain?  you read that right.  A dancing fountain!  Saturday afternoon was the 2012 City Arts Festival at Fair Park.  It's not to far from our house so we headed that direction.  After indulging in a wonderful piece of pie from the Pizza Lounge we headed into the festival.  The entrance is the main entrance to Fair Park.  Right away there is a large rectangle pond that has fountains here and there.  As we were walking a very loud booming voice that can only be described as the Fair Park Gods annouced, "Welcome!! To Fair Park, home of the blah blah fountain.  Your feature is about to start." What tha?!  Preston and I both jumped and I was pretty sure the elderly couple we just passed with one of them on the walker almost died.  Scared everyone within ear shot.  The best word to describe it literally is BOOMING.  (had I needed to use the restroom...I might had gone a little it was so startling)  We felt like we were forced to watch the presentation as we weren't going to mess with the Fair Park Gods. Glad we did, it really was cool!  We have our own little Bellagio fountain!!  Below I have posted a little clip, I really do recommend checking it out.

Impressive, right?!

We walked around and saw some great and not so great artworks from local artist.  There was one painting that was so scary Preston and I knew that if we were to take that home with us the little boy would come to life, step out the painting and murder us all.  We turned around and went the other way when we saw that display.  Nice try mister vendor...we are smarting than that.  I do kind of wish I had taken a photo of it, but I know that wouldn't have been a good idea.  You see once I took the photo the little creepy boy would have then been trapped in my phone and then come home with us, etc.  You get where I'm going...just a bad idea.  After we scurred away from scary little boy painting we  wandered into a cute little park/garden area that had Swan Boats!  I really, really wanted to  ride them but Preston said maybe next time.  I'm not going to forget he said that.  We WILL ride those swans.



You can see the swan's in the background. 

No comments: