Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My First Run and Other Things Chicken

I would like to start off this blog to let everyone know that I just grabbed the TV remote to move the curser on my laptop.  For some reason I thought it was a mouse, ugh.

I had knee surgery on January 4th and I haven't actually run since then.  I have done the elliptical and have done some lite jogs across the street when a car is about to hit me, but actually running.  Not at all.  I didn't even get cleared to do the elliptical until a month ago.  In 2 days I am suppose to be running a 5k.  ::gulp:: I whole 3.16 miles....I have to run.  So to make it seem less scary I put in my ear plugs and went to go run around my neighborhood.  I live over by Baylor Hospital so I figured if I can't make it, I have a place to go...right?

Wow was it a little more painful then I had imagined.  I hadn't even gone 2 blocks before I was thinking I wasn't ready.  There were 3 things that made me keep going:

  1. In the words of my surgeon, "You can't hurt it, it's healed.  You are just really bruised and can be for almost a year."
  2. I wanna wear shorts. (crosses arms and pouts)
  3. Um...am I in Deep Ellum now?  I am, I have to keep running.  I don't want to walk in Deep Ellum.
I now have it elevated and iced.  Sure hope Thursday goes a little better.  Pretty sure I only ran about 1 mile before I went back home.  Speaking of home.....look what I have for dinner!


It's a whole roasted chicken! (by no attention to the missing spot...I had to taste test)  I have been wanting to try this for awhile now so I went for it.  I mixed some spices together, rubbed it on a whole chicken, and then put it in the Crock Pot before I went to work today.  When I got home the house smelled wonderful AND dinner is ready.  We won't eat for a couple of hours, but it is just fine and cozy in its little home.  This will be a repeat for sure.  The meat just falls off the bone.  Wonderful and clean.  I will now leave you with a photo of the who this blog is named after...Ashe.  Ashe turned 10 years old yesterday and looks just as young as a kitten.



No comments: