Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Made in Germany 1995-2012 (tour)

A year ago I found out that the band Rammstein was coming to Dallas, TX.  There was no doubt in my mind that I was going.  I don't own any of their CD's and couldn't sing a whole verse of any of their songs, but I do know who they are and I do know how rare it is that they come to US.  We bought tickets in section 108 of the American Airlines Center.  That was summer of 2011.  Last night was finally the night.  May 22nd, 2012...Rammstein was in town.

I started thinking about what I was going to wear about a week before.  I watched some videos on YouTube to get a good idea of what to expect from their concerts.  I had heard many stories of their "events" that have landed them in hot water.  Watching the videos I knew I was in for a treat.  This Garth Brooks, Christina Aguilera, NKOTB regular concert goer was going to a different kind of concert.  I ordered a cute navy women's cut shirt from their fan website that had the logo and then all members of the bands name around the outside.  I don't have a picture of me in it, but this is what it looked like.  Cute, right?!

 
We went to Hooter's for dinner and some friends that were also going to the concert met us for their pre-concert drinks.  We then walked over to the ACC...it was time.  Now there really are no words to describe what actually went on once we got inside.  I could try to explain in, but I know my words wouldn't do it justice.  I have been to many concerts in my life.  Everything from the ones I mentioned above to Dave Matthews.  Up until this night I thought my most "dark" concert was either Rehab or Smile Happy Soul.  Both had taken place at Trees in Deep Ellum.  I would like to start my collection of videos/pictures with how they entered the stage.  This alone was amazing!  Welcome....to the Rammstein Concert: Made in Germany 2012.

I was not expecting them to walk right by us!! So. Cool.

It was then time for their performance!  They do tons of pyrotechnic works and laser lights.  The whole AAC looked like it had been transformed to an old industrial warehouse.








Here is a video to show their style, comical, yet creepy....and artistic.

And to finish the report.  This is how I felt after the whole thing was over.
I know...I look FABULOUS.  Regardless of your music preference, this is a band that if you ever have a chance to go see them...go.  Amazing Show!

No comments: