Friday, January 11, 2013

Books

I have some books lined up to read.  One of them I have already read, but still wanted to highlight it in my story.

1. Silver Linings Playbook - this book was so good and such an easy read.  I read this whole book in less than 2 days.  I think I mentioned it in past stories, but it is just that good.  I went and saw the movie and it was good, but nothing like the book.  Major things were left out, but I still liked them both.


2. The Power of Story - this book was lent to me by our CFO at my job.  To make a long story short, there has been some organizational changes in my department, AGAIN, and when talking to him about my path at the company I made the comment that when I'm 80 I don't want to be remembered for what I do at the company.  I want to be remembered for what I do outside the company.  He said he couldn't agree more and handed me this book off his shelve.  It is worn, and tattered.  The best kind of book.  Pages dogeared and all.  I started reading it this week.


3. The Rough Guide to The Royals - Another book from work!  Our company is based in the UK and recently an employee transferred here to the states.  He slowly noticed my obsession with the royal family.  It could have been the photo of Kate and The Queen at my desk or maybe my million questions.  Regardless, he found this book and bought it for me!  I just thought that was the sweetest thing.  The book is pretty much a history guide, but heck.  I'll read it.


No comments: