Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Texas State Fair: Part II

Went to the fair again tonight.  This trip will go down in my memories as the night I learned about Fair Food.  I knew it existed.  I saw the news stories and read the Observer.  But I have never been to the fair with people that actually participate in the purchasing of the food.  WOW. I loved it!  I saw a totally different side of the fair.  Typically I go and walk around, people watch, get my Fletchers Corney Dog with Lemonade and call it a day.  Play a game maybe, but that's it.

Tonight....was awesome. I went with this fabulous group of people.


The night started with getting to drive right on into Fair Park with a parking pass and then appear on the Midway.  FREE.  Thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks Bill!  We made our way to our meeting spot.  Big Tex, duh.


Never gets old. We are in our 30's.



After our initial meeting and "Look at me! I'm with Big Tex!" moment....it was time to start the food.  Summer and I walked around numerous times and just couldn't make our minds up.  We finally went back to our first stop, Fried Grilled Cheese Sandwich.  Just look at that! Perfect triangles of love.


The other option was the Fried King Ranch Chicken.  Bill got this little gem.  It was cool because it was in the shape of the state of Texas.  However it was murdered before I got a photo.  It's ok though, the flag is cool!


Back into the indoor food court we went.  Fried Spaghetti and Meatballs. 



Then it got crazy from there.  I don't remember everything that was ordered, but in no particular order you have the photos for the following:

Fried Oreo's




 Fried Cake Balls


 Fried Butter



 Fried Thanksgiving Dinner: aka The Best



 Red Velvet Funnel Cake

 Fried PB&J with Bananas

 And your classic, Turkey Leg
I would like to send a special thank you to Bill for allowing me to snap photos of him taking bites out of food.  You were a great model and I appreciate your service. 

Everyone was stuffed by the end of the night.  Coupons where bought and spent.  But besides all the food, I took some shots of the Midway itself. The Texas State Fair really is so much fun.  If you have never been to it, I recommend you go.  








 
 







Till next year.........

No comments: