Sunday, October 6, 2013

It ended with Apple Cider.

This weekend has been great.  Relaxing just like I wanted it to be.  I didn't get a lot of items around the house that I wanted done, but I'm ok with that.  Everything else we did makes up for my lack of "housewife".  Preston's parents came over early Saturday morning and we headed to the local Nature and Science museum.  They had not been yet so it was exciting to go!  Every time Preston and I go we see/learn something new.  The weather report for the day was that a cold front was coming into town.  When we walked out of the museum around 11am, the cold front had arrived.  It was a great feeling! It was chilly.

After that we headed to lunch and then back to our place.  It was time to pick out our excursions!  We are going on a cruise with Preston's parents in December.  I'm so excited!  It's on a cruise line I have never been on AND to locations I have never been too.  I keep forgetting that we are going until I see it on my calendar and I'm like, "oh yeah! I'm going on vacation!".  So excited. Just writing about it makes me want to go look at the ship again.

Later that afternoon I decided to try out my newest gadget.  Steam curlers!  I have to be honest, the first time I tried to use them I did it all wrong.  Didn't let them sit on the base long enough and then I didn't curl them tight enough.  But after a second go at it, I got it!

The rest of Saturday was spent watching scary movies on Chill and Syfy.  The front windows were open along with the back door so a cool breeze ran through the living room.  A good hearty dish of spaghetti was whipped up for dinner as Sunday morning was a big day for us!  Sunday's are our long runs, but this particular Sunday was our milestone runs.  I was running 6 miles, which I hadn't done since my 10k in June and even bigger was Preston's run.  The farthest Preston has ever run was a half, which is 13.1 miles.  This morning he ran 15 miles!!  Words can not even express how proud I am of him.  He has never run that long in his entire life. Ever. I personally thank it's really cool.  I know that is nothing to some people, but to me...well anyway.  So that was this morning.

After our running we sat for awhile and just thought about what we did.  By noon we were showered and had our lap tops up and ready for football!  Preston started the crockpot of beef stew.  Yummy.  During the Cowboys game I moved to our side sofa and lounged out with my latest book The Scorch Trials.


By 5pm dinner was almost ready.  I decided to try a Pinterest recipe that I had just seen yesterday!  Rosemary and Feta biscuits.  yum, right?  Here is the link to the recipe, but here are my pictures. 

Ingredients
Chopped Rosemary
Add the Feta.... 
Add the beer....
ooooo, foamy.
Bake
And Tada! Feta and Rosemary biscuits.
 They turned out really tasty and perfect with the stew.  The feta wasn't overwhelming and the Rosemary was the perfect amount.  This will be a repeat for sure in our house.  Dinner is over, dishes are done, and we are both worn out!  Before I started typing this up I made a cup of Apple Cider.  As soon as that cup is empty, I'm going to bed.  

No comments: