Sunday, July 27, 2014

All Things Baby!

Everyone has been asking, so here is the full scoop on our newest member of our family!

March 17th, 2014 we found out we were pregnant.  We love St. Patrick's Day so I couldn't have asked for a better day to find out the news.  Of course we are really excited!  Things kind of spun out of control since we found out, but in a good way.  Not being able to keep it in, we each told some super close friends.  I knew I needed someone to chat with.  My doctor's appointments were every 2 weeks the 1st trimester so it was nice to get text messages the morning of from some of my girlfriends asking how it went and filling it with excited smiley faces.  Those short texts meant so much to me and they still do. 

I feel very lucky as I haven't had any morning sickness or issues.  I did have a couple of things that didn't agree with me, but nothing that I would classify as horrible.  There was about 4 days in my 1st trimester that I came home from work and just wanted to sleep, but that was about it.  So far so good!  As far as cravings, I think about desserts more than I ever have.  I don't act on them though as they aren't strong.  I did make some cookies 2 weeks ago at home! Preston calls me Cookie Monster every time I eat one, but it makes me laugh.  I'm sure I'll polish them off by the end of this week. 

As far as telling people we are having a baby, we just didn't have time! In April we called our friend and started the process of putting our townhome on the market to sell and finding a new place to live.  The months of May/June went by FAST.  We sold our home and signed the contract to build a new one.  To add to everything we had a trip to Germany planned that we had booked back in January.  That trip was in June.  Soon we were telling family and friends the exciting news of the baby! But there was one person we wanted to tell in person and that was my sister who we were going to see in Germany.  Because we didn't want her to find out prior, we didn't post anything on Facebook. 

Once we came back from Germany and she knew, then we mailed out announcements to everyone else we hadn't told in person.  We got so used to not putting it on Facebook it was nice to just keep going.  This is the card we mailed to tell people we were moving and having a baby.  The back had our change of address and baby due date.  Which, by the way, is November 2014.

 
 
With our trip to Germany in the middle of our doctor appointments it delayed finding out the gender.  Once we found that out, we created some fun cards to mail out to everyone! This we did post on Facebook.
 

 
 
We are having a little boy and I'm getting more and more excited about it every day.  Today we went to the mall and I realized that we won't have to buy prom dresses! Oh the drama.  Yesterday we took our first stab at registering and boy was that intense.  Totally not sure if we got all the stuff correct, but we had fun doing it! All the stuff is so cute and small. 
 
So that is the cliff notes of what has been happening.  I'm currently 23 weeks and my official due date is November 20th.  A week before Thanksgiving.  We will be bringing the baby home to the apartment as our new house won't be ready until early January.  Not how I pictured this all happening, but sometimes that is just how things happen.  Team Blue! 


1 comment:

Lauren Houston said...

I'm still giddy about this news!