Sunday, July 13, 2014

My First Sunday Prep Day!

For the first time ever, I prepared some food for the entire work week.  I have never done that before.  The idea always seemed so nice and I have plenty of friends who are great at it.  My friend Alysia is amazing.  She has her own blog called Slim Sanity and the things she post about food prep seem so out of my league.  Click here for her website if you want to check it out.  She also post some great recipes.

So I'm starting small.  Breakfast.  While we were in Germany last month we picked up a healthy breakfast habit.  Of course I know that people do this in America so before you start thinking I think this is a Germany meal, slow your roll.  The difference is that when we were there we stayed in a different city practically every day which meant a new hotel breakfast each morning.  It didn't take long for us to start going towards the same thing.  Something that would gives us energy for the day and was filling, yet tasty.  Yogurt, granola, and fruit! So simple.

When we got back home we found ourselves missing the refreshing meal in the morning.  It wasn't long before we bought a big thing of plain yogurt, box of Kashi granola, and some strawberries & blueberries. That worked for a while, but having to make it each morning before work grew old.  Especially on the go.  Most mornings we don't eat at home for breakfast and by most I mean never.  We were putting it in Tupperware and taking it with us.  While at the grocery store last Friday I came up with an idea that was so obvious I can't believe it took me this long.  Buy indiviual plan yogurt cups instead of a big tub. Make baggies of pre-cut berries.  Keep a box of granola at work.  So all you have to do in the morning is just grab a cup of yogurt and a baggie and your off! Get to work and put it all in a bowl, tada!  So here is my prepping.  So proud of myself.
Strawberries and Blueberries
This cereal works great for granola in yogurt.
I love Oiko's brand, but any type would work of course. 
Chopped and ready to bag!

Stick it all in the fridge for easy Grab-n-Go for the morning!
When put all together, yummy!

I hope to start getting more into the Sunday food prep movement.  It seems so logical and easy, I just need to make the time.  Feels good to be finished and know that tomorrow morning I won't have to do anything.


No comments: