Sunday, August 24, 2014

It was as Fantasy Surprise Ice Bucket of a weekend! That is, If I Stay.....

I was really looking forward to this weekend! We knew it was going to be busy, but all exciting stuff. 

Almost a year ago a group of my friends realized we were all reading the same types of books and some of them at the same time.  It wasn't long before we made a book club! It's not your traditional book club though.  We don't meet once a month or anything and there is not designated book that is to be read by a certain time.  We basically read a book then post on our FB club page, "this book was so good! read it."  Then we do.  A lot of them over the past year are being made into movies this year and we just kicked it off with If I Stay.  Friday night Kacie, Stephanie and I went to iPic theater to check it out on opening night.  Followed the book really good and I found it enjoyable.  However, if I hadn't read the book I would have had no interest in seeing the movie.  Totally made for teens movie. 

Stephanie was very cozy.
Kacie and me!
 Saturday morning it was off to the new house for a 10am walk through with the speaker guy.  He marked up all over the house of places for our speakers and TV's.  More fun than I thought it would be.  That took about an hour.  They (construction team) had installed the electrical outlets so there was a little more to the skeleton.  After looking at our building notebook today I realized we are halfway through! We are on phase 8 of 16.  Getting closer!
 
After that we did regular people stuff. Grocery store, nap, lunch, etc.  Then.....it was time. Fantasy Football Draft! (ESPN League)  I'm in 2 leagues, one that is an ESPN PPR league and the other a Yahoo standard league.  Our ESPN draft is held live, in person, offline.  No exceptions. You have to be there.  Draft started at 3pm, but we had to have our keeper on the board before 2:30pm.  To make sure we didn't mess it up we set our goal to be there at 2pm! Arrived around 2:10, whew. Made it.  This is our 2nd year with this league.  Love the group and love the banter. 
 

 
Draft ended a little after 5pm.  I changed clothes and we headed straight to Northpark mall.  Preston's Mom's birthday dinner was that night at Maggiano's.  It was a surprise dinner so we needed to get there a little early to make sure everything was set.  It worked out perfectly!  She was surprised and it was great to have a large group of friends and family to celebrate together.  I spent the dinner enjoying the dinner, but did breakdown and take some pictures of the cake.  I'm not a dessert person, but this was an amazing chocolate cake! Oh my goodness.  So good.


 
Needless to say, we slept great Saturday night.  So exhausted from a day of running around and mentally having to think....a lot.  The draft probably took the most of out me.  You really have to focus on that stuff!  We slept in until almost 10am today which is really late for us.  I felt like I lost my morning, but needed the rest. 

We have decided to go ahead and purchase the pack 'n-play from our baby registry.  Since we won't have our house until the baby is almost 2 months, he will have to sleep in there until we can get him his own room.  We went to Buy Buy Baby and made our purchase.  It was then time to put it together.  That was fun! Said no one EVER.  Ugh.  It's together and camped out in our bedroom now.  We also want Ashe to get used to it and know he is not allowed in it.  Cat's don't like tape so the whole top is covered in packing tape.  Not going to lie, I'm kind of hoping he makes a jump for it just to see him freak out when he lands on a field of stickiness. 

His little "bedroom".  So cute and small...perfect for our cat.....
The weekend wouldn't be complete without my husband being nominated to do the ALS ice bucket challenge.  We filled up our playmate cooler with ice.  Used all the ice in our freezer! I've seen tons of these videos on FB the past week, but there is something about watching someone do it in person.  OMG!!  It is the funniest thing.  I fully understand it is for charity and awareness, but when you see a person pick up a bucket of water and purposely dump it on themselves you can't help but laugh.
 
 
After Preston got dried off and warm he did go online and donate to ALS.  He has now past the torch on to 3 of his friends to do the challenge!  That was our weekend.  Neither one of us are looking forward to going to work tomorrow.  Not sure we are ever excited about going to work though.  This weekend we have the OSU/FSU game on Saturday and our Yahoo draft. 
 
Enjoy your week friends. 

No comments: