Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thursday's Are My Favorite

I have always loved Thursdays.  They are my favorite day of the week.  I'm not exactly sure why I love them so much, but I always have.  Today was no exception to my love.  Yesterday was my friends birthday but she was traveling for work so, we did her birthday celebration today.  Natalie and I used to work together and boy did we have fun.  We went to Kuby's today for lunch, one of our classic lunch spots.


So many stories in these pictures.
After work I met Preston at his job and we consolidated cars.  We had reservations at 6:15pm at The Mansion so we had about an hour to spare.  Best way to waste time is with pre dinner drinks.  We went ahead and headed on over to the restaurant.  The hostess directed us to the bar and we made our way to the front.  The bartender was immediately my favorite bartender thus far during this pregnancy. 

He saw us walking up and said loudly, "Tequila shots for EVERONE!".  It was just us and about 3 other people in the entire place, it was hilarious in my opinion.  And the first bartender/waiter to acknowledge that I clearly can not drink.  I get the whole concept of not wanting to say something because you aren't sure, but offering me a glass a wine is almost just as annoying.  He smiled at me and asked what I would like to drink.  I told him to make me something fun and non-alcoholic.  The result was an awesome refreshing cucumber, orange, cranberry thing.  He then turned to Preston and he requested the dealers choice! Another good drink was prepared, but his was with scotch and such.  It was a sassafras old fashion or something.  Paired it with some olives and candied walnuts with a touch of cayenne pepper.

 
After enjoying our cocktails and my mocktail, we headed to our table.  Since it was restaurant week we decided to go with their special menu.  Now, normally I don't like to take pictures of my food at the table, especially at fine dinning places.  However, if the food exceptional colorful or unique OR we are on vacation, I will go for it.  Tonight was one of those nights.  Here are our appetizers:
 
Chilled Pea Soup with Crab and touch of mint.  The black specs are actually part of the bowl, not garnishment.
Smoked Salmon with Tomatoes and Horseradish

I didn't take any pictures of the main course.  I had chicken and Preston had fish. Nothing fancy.  Then it was dessert time!

Hazelnut Chocolate thingy with coffee ice cream. Mmmmmm
Corn Panna Cotta. Surprisingly good!
The evening has ended with us back at home and surfing Netflix till be found a scary movie.  We love watching a good scary movie.  But this one isn't scary....it's just...odd.  Literally, it's called Odd Thomas.

I'm officially 28 weeks today and tomorrow is another doctors appointment.  That isn't until the afternoon, then...our 3 day weekend begins! Happy Labor Day people.

No comments: