Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day Weekend!

2014 is flying by! I remember as a kid the summer taking foreverrrrrrrr.  It felt like the longest time in the world.  Now, I didn't even realize it's Labor Day weekend until the Tuesday before.  None the less, it's here and it was a nice weekend break. 

Friday we had our 28 week appointment, baby is doing fabulous and right where we should be.  We now are set to see the doctor every 2 weeks! And then every week the last month.  The things you never know until it's your turn. 

Saturday night was the first Oklahoma State football game! WooHoo.  I was so excited.  We headed out to Arlington early to visit with Preston's parents and Granddad.  Always nice to see family.  We then went to Nizza Pizza!  Preston has been talking about this place for awhile now and was excited to take me there.  Of course he gave the disclaimer that it's been YEARS since he has been there and that it might not be the same as he remembers.  I liked it.  A good classic pizza parlor!  I am willing to go there again. Then, it was on to the game!  Preston was a good sport and wore some orange, but kept his Tech hat on.  I was ok with that, I wouldn't expect him to make me dress in Tech gear for a Tech game.  Although I did....I was hoping Kliff Klingsbury would spot me in the crowd.....didn't work.

Now I have a little side note to ATT Stadium.  The last time we were there it was for the George Strait concert.  I never really talked about this as it brought nothing to the table.  A girl 2 rows behind us drank too much and puked everywhere before the concert even started! What a waste of money.  Well...lucky us, a guy 2 rows behind us did the same thing at the OSU game on Saturday!  The game. Hadn't. Even. Started. Unbelievable.  It was so gross.  However, the cleaning crew came and got it taken care of pretty quickly and all was good.  I'm just glad it wasn't directly behind us.  We have tickets to a Dallas Cowboy's game in November and we are starting to get nervous about that issue now.  Fingers Crossed!

Back to the game....here are some of my pictures from the night.



Our Band! I just love it when they come on field before the game.  They have this little hopping thing they do, so cute. 
Preston might have been "watching" the Tech game. Hehehe.

Our future cowboy at his first OSU game!
 OSU lost but I feel like we tried out best.  it was a great game! Considering we were playing the undefeated national champions, losing 37-31 is pretty good in my books.  The walk back was long and my feet were tired.  Preston found $37 in the parking lot and we got super excited! So we got free parking and some drinks out of it.  Yeeeeea! 

Sunday we headed back to our old neighborhood to check on our storage unit.  All is still there and in good shape.  I snagged our Halloween decorations while there as they were easy to get to and will make the apartment seem a little homier.  We drove by our hold townhome and discovered 2 things.  1 mad us smile and 1 made me frown.

1. We bought new house numbers before we sold the place, but never put them on the house.  Just didn't care or have the time.  They were up! They used our gift we left on the bar! Made us laugh and smile to know they liked the style we choose and took our present to use.

2. The bush in our front yard is dead. Brown as poo dead. Now when I yelled out in the car, "they killed our bush!" Preston was quick to say how it's summer time and hot, blah blah blah.  But then he said, "But...it's rained a lot this year..."  AND the HOA takes care of the front lawns including the sprinkler system.  I never once touched the front yard and that bush lived just fine.  So I have made up my mind they poisoned it so they could remove it without feeling guilt.  It's still murder.  ::cross my arms::

After doing our drive by, we went to Dodie's for lunch.  I miss their oysters.  Will still have to wait 3 more months before I can get them.  That night was draft for our yahoo fantasy league.  Preston got first pick and I got second!  What are the odds.  It was a fun time and I feel like my team is pretty solid.


Today has been spent with Preston watching golf and playing Xbox.  I started a new book and a hoping to get it finished by next weekend.  With it being a holiday weekend, Preston requested I make my apple pie.  I can't find our recipe box! But I was able to find our box of cook books.  Dug out the old trusty Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and got the job complete.  Apple Pie it is!  I know I have posted about this before, but I can't make a cookie to save my life, but a pie....I can do. 

 
 
The coloring looks really bad in this photos.  I blame the tube lighting in the apartment.  Can't wait to have a real kitchen again.  I promise the crust is a golden flaky crust.  It's back to work tomorrow.  But only for 4 days! 

No comments: