Saturday, September 13, 2014

Football, Running, and Musicals. (with a side of baby and house)

Football season is officially here, yippee!  Watching both college and NFL has consumed our weekends and our scheduling.  Things now are planned around game times.  Although not to obsessive.  Just the right amount.  Last Sunday was the first Sunday of NFL games and we went to our friends house to watch them all.  There was about 9 of us, 3 TVs, and multiple fantasy football leagues on the line.  My week 1 was close, but I won both my games.  This week though it's not looking to good for my Yahoo league.  I think I'm going to lose.

Prior to the games, we got up around 6am and made our way to Coppell to participate in the 9/11 Hero's 5k and fun run.  This was the first road race I had entered since finding out I was pregnant.  I remember in May (3 months) sitting in my doctors office on a Friday morning and me asking my doctor how long I could continue to run and workout.  When he asked me about how much running I was talking about I told him that Preston and I had just run in a race at White Rock Lake the night before.  He gave me a look and said, "no. you need to stop that right now.  walking is fine, but I don't want you doing long distance and such."  So that was the end of that.  Before you start yelling at the computer screen, yes...every doctor is different and some are ok with running. But my doctor knows my medical history and knows what is best for me.  So. Back to my point.  I enrolled in the 9/11 fun run and WALKED.  Major powered walked.  I worked up and sweat and my calves were sore.  While I was doing my  fun run, I listened to my running Pandora station and got a little teary eyed.  I wanted to run so badly!  But I shall wait. 




I've mentioned this several times over the past 2 years and anyone that I'm FB friends with has had the joy of seeing my Playbills each time.  Preston surprised me with season tickets to Dallas Summer Musicals one year and we have renewed them as it was so much fun!  Well...that time has come to an end.  Sigh.  With us no longer living a mile from Fair Park and having a baby soon, it just didn't seem logical.  The first musical for the 2015 season will be when our son is less than 2 months old.  I just don't see that happening.  It's ok though, we will be back!  This past Thursday was our last musical for the 2014 season.  Right after work I drove to Preston's job and we then carpooled to Fair Park.  Normally we would go home, change, then drive up to the local bar/grill to eat dinner and then walk to the musical.  Since we don't have that ease anymore we made dinner reservations inside the music hall.  It wasn't that bad!  The whole atmosphere reminded us of the casual dining room on a cruise ship which made us laugh.




It was a good musical set in the roaring 20's and a misunderstanding.  Always the best kind.  Lots of dancing and jazz hands all around.  It had some great comedy relief and probably the most I have heard Preston laugh during a show.  We both really liked it. 

Friday was our doctors appointment.  We go every 2 weeks now!  It was also our 3D sonogram appointment.  We were soooo excited, but a little nervous.  What if he didn't want to show his face? What if he put his hands up?!  Ugh.  He had his face half covered when we first started the viewing.  The sonogram lady wasn't giving up and all of a sudden he turned his head!  We got several pictures from it, but here are our 2 favorite ones.

Profile, love his little nose!

When I got home from work on Friday there was a big box by the back door.  I came inside and asked Preston what was in the box.  He game me a smile and said to bring it in and open it to see.  "oh no" I said.  I knew by the look on his face he ordered something that he was really excited about.  And of course, it is adorable!!!  He ordered matching Daddy and Me chairs.  The little chair is so tiny! It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. (so far) I love it!!

 
 
Finally this morning, Preston went on a run from our apartment and ran to our house.  I got a text from him and it was a picture of our stone!  It arrived while he was running.  Saw it pass him on the road and turn into our neighborhood.  He followed it in and the truck was parked right out front.  You can see the top of our house behind the truck.  

Ours is the stone on the 2 pallets to the right.  The darker colored.  It is more brown/yellowish.  The other pallets to the left that are white are for our neighbor. 
The rest of our day today was spent with me going over to my friend Kacie's house to give her belated birthday present and catch up.  I came back home for lunch with Preston and then we went to the Texas Tech alumni watching party bar/grill in Addison to watch the game.  They lost, it was bad.  We are now home and flipping back and forth between the OSU, OU, and UT games.  We will be up early tomorrow to start our road trip mini-vacation!  Pretty excited about that. 

Don't worry though, I'm taking my camera so there will a full blog post on our adventures.

No comments: