Saturday, September 27, 2014

Festival Season is Upon Us!

Many months ago one of my best friends from High School told me about a comedy show that was coming through Dallas in September.  She really wanted to go and asked if I would be interested.  Even though I didn't know a lot of comedians listed, spending a weekend with her was an obvious yes!  That weekend finally came!! So excited.

Last weekend (Friday) I left work a little early and picked Lauren up from Love Field.  We headed straight towards Gexa.  Lauren got us REALLY good seats in the VIP section with primo parking, a dinner buffet, and much more.  It was amazing.  We got there a little after five and helped ourselves to some dinner and sat on the "patio" of the lounge enjoying our meal and drinks.  The beers were HUGE!  Lauren got a Shiner and I got my Dasani (classic).




We then headed towards our seats.  Knowing I was going to be 7 months pregnant at the time this show came around, Lauren got box seats that were sooooo comfortable.  They were like movie theater seats that were cushioned, tall backs, and leaned back.  Awwww.  We also found out we had our own waitress!  And a menu! We didn't have to leave our seats for anything, it was awesome.  Well....except to go to the restroom. 




We ended up getting some popcorn and nachos along with more beverages during the show.  The comedians were hilarious! I was surprised at home much I enjoyed Whitney Cummins.  I was looking forward to Sarah Silverman the most, but Whitney made me laugh more.  The headliner was Louis CK and he was great!  All in all a great night of comedy.

The next morning we got up and went to book club.  I loved having Lauren meet my friends that I hang out with on a regular basis here in Texas.  We all brought a yummy brunch dish and discussed books, house décor, babies, movies, and just stuff.  After that I took Lauren by our house and then back to the apartment for lunch and rest.  Preston was doing some volunteer stuff for work and picking out the speakers for the house.  Once he got home we got ready and headed up the street to the Addison Oktoberfest!  We were sad to leave the Uptown area as there was so much right down the street from us, but we are slowly finding new things to do that are now right down the street from us.

I went to Germany for the first time in 1998 with Lauren so it was especially fun for us to go to Oktoberfest together.  Preston and Lauren got their steins of bier and we walked to the main tent.  Finding a table was tasking, but once we did we watched some dancing and listened to some music.

 
We went back outside and found ourselves on the side with the children's rides and stuff.  We started to keep walking by until this "attraction" caught our eye.  So there are these blow up balls that the kids get inside and are pushed into a big pool.  They float around trying to stand up and stuff.  Oh My Goodness.  We couldn't stop watching.  It was so hilarious.  I'm sure we looked like creepiers pointing and laughing, but it was totally worth it.
 
 
Next up was food.  Preston got schnitzel and Lauren and I got potato pancakes with applesauce.  We all took funny pictures highlighting our dinner.



 


The rest of the night was calm, going to bed fairly early.  The next morning we took Lauren back to the airport and Preston and I headed on to the hospital for baby preparation classes.  I highly recommend taking them to ANYONE that is having a baby for the first time.  It sounds boring and lame and silly.  And it can be, but after taking them we are both so happy we did.  We really learned a lot and I thought I new a lot from having nieces/nephews and friends with kids.  There was only one part that I couldn't take seriously bc I couldn't stop laughing.  And that was the breathing exercises.  I just couldn't focus and "pretend" to be in labor.  Nope.  But they still had us bring 2 pillows and a blanket.  I think our mat was the most colorful.


 
We signed up for several more classes after taking this one we were so impressed.  Baby Basics, Infant Safety and CPR, and Breastfeeding.  We also have a scheduled car seat check with the hospital that is done by the Texas Department of Safety.  This way we will know that our car seat is installed correctly.  Maybe we should put a Zero Harm sticker on the base.  (A little BBC humor there)
 
Things are about to get super busy with more festivals, social events, baby showers, and a trip to Oklahoma.  October will fly by and the next thing you know I will be blogging about our baby.  As if I will have time, but I'm going to try.


No comments: