Sunday, December 28, 2014

Dexter's First Christmas

Dexter's first Christmas was a success! It was a busy 4 days, but worth the chaos.  We left Dallas on 23rd and headed towards my parents house in Bixby, OK.  The drive itself was normal.  Dex slept the whole way so it was pleasant.  However, we stopped at Hideaway Pizza on the way in to pick up dinner to take to my parents house.  Stopping the car woke him up and he realized he hadn't eaten in 4 hours.  So naturally he screamed the 10mins back to my parents house.

The next morning we slept in and then my friends Miranda and Lauren came over to meet our little guy.  It was a quick 45mins, but I'm glad they got to meet him.
 
We then went over to my sisters house to spend the afternoon with the cousins.  They just adore him and I adore them for that. 

 
It was then time to go to the Christmas Eve service at my parents church.  We went to the kid friendly service this year as we weren't sure how Dexter would fair.  He did pretty well! The music with the drums and such woke him up, but he didn't make any noise.  Just was looking around a lot.  He did enjoy the hymns though!


Here it is!!! Merry Christmas!  It was Christmas morning and we all wanted to stare at the little guy in his "My first Christmas" onesie.  He received his wooden shoe which I was really excited about.  Our family has Dutch background so we all have a wooden shoe to put out on Christmas Eve for Santa's reindeer.  We fill it with carrots and then Santa, in turn, fills it will oranges and apples for you the next morning.  



It was then back over to my sister's for the remainder of Christmas!  Dex go so many amazing gifts.  We know when he is older he will love them all.  Here are just a few of his goodies.

Havi the Hedgehog! We will make sure this is his favorite stuff animal.  It was given to him by his cousin's and is a Scentsy animal.

Loooooooove this picture frame of his name and such.  So perfect!

This. Book. Wow.  So it's customized to his name and is absolutely adorable.  We CAN'T wait to read it to him.

The front page of the book above.

Another AMAZING book.  This one will be such a keepsake.  My parents, Granny & Gramps, gave this to Dexter.  What makes this one special? It's recorded with their voices!! So they are reading the story to him. 


My mother-in-law gave me this necklace and it's exactly what I wanted!  Couldn't be happier.  I mentioned to Preston that I wanted this and he passed on the message.  Incase it's hard to read, it's Dexter's name engraved on the gold bar.

 

These are just a few of the things he got.  There was so much more! Toys, ornaments, everything a 5 week old boy could desire.  We drove back to Texas on Christmas day and then celebrated Christmas with Preston's family on the 26th.  I forgot to bring my camera to that celebration. Boo.  It was great to see everyone over the course of 4 days.  I'm really looking forward to next year!

No comments: