Monday, January 26, 2015

We Have a Home!

We have officially moved into our house.  I can't even begin to explain the stress and excitement that has come with this adventure. 

Our House!

My mom came to Dallas for 4 days to help out with Dexter so we could get things moved over before the actual movers came for the furniture.  I honestly don't know what I would have done without her! We wouldn't have gotten things moved in time, that's for sure.  It was a fun week!
 

 

 
 Then the movers came. Every time I move I can never stand to watch.  It makes me so nervous and sick.  I'm just waiting for something to go wrong, even though nothing ever does.  This move, it was this book shelve that just about did me in.  OMG - just look at that thing! It was at this moment that I wanted to say, "Just forget it. We will buy something smaller to go upstairs." But it was already at the point of no return.  I am happy to report that it made it upstairs in one piece, but they did hit the wall.  We didn't complain or say anything as 1. It's small and will be covered up with paint easily.  2. We asked them to move that upstairs and you could tell they didn't want to...so we basically "asked" for it.


The weather was nice our first weekend actually living here so we packed up Dex and took a walk through the neighborhood into the next neighborhood and visited the local park.  It will be so much fun when he is big enough to swing and go down slides.

 
Now this next subject has me feeling very old.  Like super old.  I have never had a fancy washer/dryer.  I like to keep things simple with just a turn knob of 3 settings and a button.  However, we went crazy and bought some modern day washer/dryer.  Dude.  Doing my first load of laundry made me sweat.  I had to get out the guide and really focus on what I was doing! 




I haven't even begun to figure out all the bells and whistles.  I feel like it can do everything but fold the dang clothes.  Next I have picked out a color for our hallway.  Below is my test patches.  After looking at it for awhile and consulting with my Bunco girls, I'm going with the color on the left.  The color on the right though is not forgotten.  It will be used in Dexters room as an accent color.  Main colors will be navy and dark green.  Dexter's room will be dark colors. 

 Finally, there are 2 things that seem to be put together already.  Our kitchen...and Ashe.  It took Ashe all of 2 hours to make this place his home.  I realized this will be the last place he ever lives.  As sad as it makes me, it also makes me happy to know that this is also the biggest nicest place he has ever lived in.  His life started out in a 600sq ft apartment in Lewisville, TX.  It will end in a home in Carrollton, TX.  Gosh...that is horrible to even say.  He isn't even sick, I'm so sorry Ashe.  Live on with your bad self!

No comments: