Monday, July 27, 2009

Secrets of a Bachelorette in the Dark

Reality TV has taken over the networks. I haven't really watched the Bachelorette this season. Mainly b/c I got kind of bored it. For some reason it is more exciting to watch the Bachelor. I think women are just so dramatic on that show. Regardless, the season ending of the Bachelorette was on tonight. I suppose I should watch it. So I tried. Got bored and saw The Secrets of an American Teenager was one. So I watched that. No, it's not a reality TV show but, WOW, there is no way my parents would have let me watch that. It is about a group of teenagers that are all having sex! One girl had a baby at 15 and then her parents are getting a divorce but the mom found out she also is having a baby. However, it could her soon to be ex-husband or maybe her new boyfriend's baby. Not sure on that b/c the soon to be ex lied about getting "fixed". Oh' and don't forget the boyfriend of the 15 with the baby (not the father). His dad is engaged to a Hooker. There is just way to much going on in this show. Alas, I watched it from 7pm to 8pm when it was over. I then switched to the last hour of the Bachelorette.

Apparently ABC likes to remind the world that it is possible for someone to fall in love with more that one person at the same time. Here is this girl that pretty much has 3 guys asking for her hand in marriage and she can't deciede. Really?? Let's take that situation out of Hawaii and into a resturant here in Dallas. Do you really think the 3 guys would be fine that he was dating a girl that he loved sooooooooooo much and she also loved 2 others? No. Yes - I know that is the design of the show and yes I know they know all of this going into it so you can stop your comment about "sarah...that is the point of the show!". If you look back at all of the couples on the show I can really only thing of 1 couple that actually got married and made it. The odds aren't really good. They should call the show, "Exotic Dates - but just dating".

Which brings me to my next show I stumbled on. Dating in the Dark. It is exactly what it sounds like. A show about couples that meet, eat, and get to know each other in the dark. At the end of the show their looks are shown to the other person. They each have a choice after they see their appearance. They can 1. meet the person on the balcony for another date or 2. walk out the front door. This show is a insecure person's worst nightmare. Sure, they like you the first 3 days you are getting to know eachother in the dark but as soon as they see your looks....C-ya.

Don't worry, I will continue to watch all three of these educational, thought provoking shows. Especially Dating in the Dark. It's so stupid, I love it.

No comments: