Monday, August 26, 2013

3 Birthday Parties: Part I

I went to Bixby this weekend.  It was a weekend of celebration!  My niece was turning 1, my nephew 4, and my Mom who I don't think would want me telling her age on the internet.  It was also the Sunday of my nieces Baptism, but I don't have any photos of that.  Friday night Preston and I waited until traffic died down in DFW and then headed North on 75.  We got to my sisters around midnight.  Very sleepy, but excited for the weekend!

Saturday
We woke up rested and relaxed.  It was Drew's first birthday party!!  Of course nothing ever goes as planned so I mistakenly brought the wrong memory card for my camera and didn't realize it until party time. Whomp, whomp.  So, I had to chose my photos carefully.  First off, we had to make the cake.  It needed to be iced.





The icing was pretty simple to do and looked professional! It took about 15 mins.  The icing itself tasted AMAZING. Next it was time to decorate the house!





Then it was time for the singing and eating/smashing.  Drew was very happy about this part.  As soon as we started singing she got so excited! 


This is about the time I realized my memory card would no longer accept any more images.  I have none of her actually digging in.  But erased enough of the cake making, home decoration pictures to get some more of the aftermath.  


Annnnnnnnnnnnd, cupcake on the floor.

Happy Birthday Drew!

My mom's birthday party was that night and it was our traditional lobster boil.  After the party, I went straight to the store to get a new memory card for my camera.  Whew!  On our way...we had to go get the lobsters. We went to my mom's favorite place in Tulsa.  We let the kids pick out 2 of the lobsters.  They were scared of them at first, but pretty sure they enjoyed the adventure.






It was then back to the house I grew up in.  Back to my roots.  Bixby, OK 74008. The kids played in the same stock tank my sister and I did.  A old school stock tank from Atwoods.  The best pool ever!!


Preston taught Reese how to shuck corn.  She was a fast learner and did pretty good!  Preston grilled up his great corn while Drew discovered the cherry tomatoes.




I took a quick walk around the house and took some pictures of the parts about my house that I love so much.  The parts that remind me of why I love living in the country.




It was then time....for the Lobster Boil!

























We were so full and ready for bed by the time this night was over.  I just love our lobster boil weekends!  It is a family tradition since the early 80's and I'm sure it is something that we will continue for many, many years.  Part II is filled with the mecca of Pinterest parties.  So many pictures to upload! 

No comments: