Friday, August 16, 2013

I made a pie! With meat and cheese.


Each season Preston and I watch the show, Next Food Network Star.  This season there was a contestant who we found particularly interesting.  His name is Rodney Henry.
He has branded himself as the Pie Guy.  He loves everything about pies and will make any type of pie.  Rodney made it to the final 3 in the show and got to shoot a pilot which they aired as part of the competition.  In the pilot, he made a short rib and tallegio pie.  It sounded really good!  So tonight....I made it.  The end result was good, but I enjoyed making the pie way more than I enjoyed eating it.  It was a little too rich and salty for my liking.  But overall a fun dish!  Here is my food network post.
The food
brown the ribs


Shallots
Capers
Apricot


Add Wine!
This smelled soooooo good.

Put it in the oven for 2 hours


Falling off the bone, yum!



Add the cheese and heavy cream

fill the pie crust and.....
cover it with a crust blanket!
TaDa! Short Rib and Tallegio Pie




 It was really cheesy and really rich! Too rich for us to eat much.  But I had a blast making it and will try it again with different items.  Now that I get the basic idea.  Go and make a pie!

No comments: