Monday, September 16, 2013

I Love You Portland! xoxo

I have never been to Portland so I didn't really have an idea of what it would be like.  Boy was I pleasantly surprised!  This city is wonderful.  I know it helped that the weather was awesome. When I uploaded these pictures, they got allll out of order. So, in no particular order....here is our trip to Portland!

We walked for what seemed like forever and went to the Japanese Gardens.  So peaceful and zen.  Made me want to sit down and take a nap.








Oh' this is a fun gem!  There are hiking stores all over the place and I just loved this outfit.  I'm sure I'm wrong on what it is, but it basically looks like a sleeping bag that you can unzip the arms too.  It's like a sleeping bag snuggie!! 


Again, these photos are way out of order and I'm too lazy to correct them.  When walking through the International Rose Test Garden (pictures to come) I got a text that our friend Kacie was engaged! I yelled very loudly...everyone around me knew that, "Preston!! Kacie and Derek are engaged!"  They were in Colorado on vacation.


China Town!  This wasn't exactly what I thought it would be, but none the less it was great.  The food was perfect. 

They have Chinese Garden's too, but we didn't go in there.  Just sneaked in some photos.










 On our last day we went to a place called Tasty N Alder that got really good reviews on the internet.  Everything is true on the internet so we went!  It was the best place we ate all weekend.





 When I got off the plane they had flyers with wonderful directions on exactly how to get to the airport from your hotel.  This is very helpful to outsiders.  Thanks Portland!



Oh' we're back in the Japanese Garden!


Now we are in the Rose Garden! (where I announced K & D's engagement)




Yellow Rose of Texas!


Lunch at Clyde Common.  Tasty food in a cozy setting.  The whole place is nothing but big common tables.


I ordered the club sandwich.  This is NOT my idea of a club sandwich, but it was yummy!  Preston helped with this bad boy. 



Dinner spot: Clam Chowder and Salmon. 







My Bahn Mi from the Food Truck!


Preston ordered a lamb schwarma. However he was handed a chicken schwarma.  Then we had to wait for them to make the lamb.  It took about 15 mins, but it was good.  Side note: Fadi's in Dallas still has the best Schwarma I've ever had.  And I've had at least 2 different kinds in my life so I know I'm right.  


Thanks Starbuxs.


This is what I did Wednesday - Friday.  Coffee Water, Water Coffee...repeat.


 These dougnuts were crazy!  I couldn't bring myself to actually eating one, but I did have a bite to taste. Sugar.

Across from our hotel was this Frozen Yogurt place called Tartberry.  You could fill your own cup with any flavor yogurt and the toppings of your choice.  I liked this place!




So that is our trip, in no particular order.

No comments: