Monday, September 2, 2013

Foooooootball! That's all we did this weekend.

Football season is official here.  We got off work at 3:30pm on Friday due to it being a 3-day weekend.  Gotta love those perks at work.  After 4 years I finally agreed to go to a Texas Tech game with my husband.  He is a Raider, I'm a Cowboy.  In 2009 he went to the OSU/Tech game with me and it was so much fun.  I was due to return the favor and go to a Tech game.  Now, it wasn't a OSU/Tech game, it was a SMU/Tech game so I feel like it wasn't exactly the same.  I did something that I thought I would never do, but marriage does crazy things to you.  It makes you think differently.  I...I....I bought a Tech shirt and wore it to the game.  ::hangs head::  But, if they aren't playing OSU I will cheer for them. 

We took the DART to  Mockingbird Station to begin our "tailgate".  For those none Dallasites, we took Dallas Area Rapid Tranist for $5 from down town Dallas (where we live) to about 3 miles north to Mockingbird Lane and Highway 75.  There is a shopping center there with restaurants, bars, movie theaters, stores, and even a comedy club.  It's called Mockingbird Station.  We went to a Irish Pub called Trinity Hall. Some how we managed to get a table.  It was PACKED.  We quickly realized it was smarter for us to order double when we saw our waitress.  She was soooo sweet and we could tell she was busy.  It reminded us of being in college where it was 2 for 1 nights.  We ordered 4 beers and then laughed at our selves.  Oh course I took a picture. 


I must add that the table had a raised section in the middle.  A lazy Susan of the sorts.  But we did laugh about my picture.  Either the table is huge or Preston is a little person.  Our friend Cody met up with us shortly afterwards and we headed over to Ford Stadium.  It was miserably hot outside.  Triple digits.  This is the only picture I have and it's P's photo. 


The next day was my game day!  We went to the OSU watch party in Uptown and I ran into several friends.  So much fun.  I wore my I Miss Stillwater shirt.


We won, yeah!! Oh' Tech won too.  Both were great games to watch.  We then had our fantasy draft that night.  I have been in the same league for the past 3 years and I really enjoy it.  I have had my share of up and down seasons, but that is not going to stop me.  Yes I'm in the same league as my husband, but I'm on my own.  I kind of like it better that way as it is teaching me more about the NFL and positions.  I'm telling you.....playing fantasy football is the BEST way to enjoy football season.  Nothing is more exciting than having that moment of, "OMG - I need to set my lineup!" and then followed by the weekend of watching multiple games at a time.  You aren't just picking a team, you are picking a fantasy team. LOL - duh.  Anyway, back to our draft.  Being the only girl in the league you don't get much say in where the draft is held. We went to Twin Peaks. Just google it.  



I was first pick this year! Yeah-A.  So naturally I picked Aaron Hernandez.  Lol, too soon?  I picked Adrian Peterson and then went on my way.  I'm happy with my team, could have been better, but I'm happy.  The night ended with a dance party at our friends, the Ehle's and then ANOTHER dance party at our house.  It's so hard not to dance! Sunday was greeted with sleeping in and family time.  We went to Arrrrrrlington and enjoyed some Coulter's BBQ and catching up.  I love that my husband's family is so close, we really need to get out there more. We ended the night being serenaded by neighbors Fiesta.  And I mean Fiesta.  I could practically hit the pinata from my bed.  

It's Monday now.  Unfortunately I had that feeling of, "am I skipping work?  I feel like I need to be somewhere."  My husband ran 9 miles and I dusted and did the dishes.  I then watched Lifetime until I felt completely lazy.  P came back home and grilled some hot dogs from Rudolph's. (best meat market in Dallas) I made some carrot jalapeno relish (see previous post: http://storiesbyashe.blogspot.com/2012/11/relish-in-kitchen.html) It was then time to go to draft #2.  This is the first time I've played 2 leagues in one season.  I've never done ESPN before so the rules are all different.  But I was excited!  My friend Alysia is this league with me so, girl time.  It's her first FF! This draft was a live draft which I actually like.  Not sure if I like it better than web, but it makes you more connected.  You have to pay more attention and you get to meet everyone.  We had our friend Zarvas Skype himself into the draft.  That was fun.  I miss that guy.  Zarvey..if you read this...Hi!!!  I didn't have much time to take pictures during the draft, but I have these 2.  One is stolen from my friends FB page. (thanks Alysia)




The night ended with us coming home and watching Dazed -n-Confused.  Love that movie.  Here's too another season of football.  Both college and professional.

Go Team Ashenator and Is This Pinterest?


No comments: