Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Life Is Changing

In August I received an email about a job opportunity.  Normally I say, "thank you but no thanks."  However, this particular email was different.  I was genuinely interested.  4 interviews later, 2 test, and a background test I received a job offer.  On Friday, October 18th I accepted and put in my 2 weeks notices with Balfour Beatty Construction.  I worked there for 6 years so it was a tough decision, but at the same time...it wasn't.  I was ready for a change and a challenge.  Tomorrow I start my first day at my new job. Eck! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.  Of course before I left my friends gave me a going away happy hour.  The cake I received was perfect!


This is Natalie. She is the mind behind the cake! 

I carpooled with Preston one last time on Friday.
So with that, my days at Balfour Beatty were over.  Saturday we spent the day being adults.  We cleaned the master bedroom including our closet which was horrible!  We packed up 3 bags of clothes that needed to be given away.  We also packed up a bunch of stuff in our guest bedroom to take to storage.  I sure do love the storage unit.  So easy and nice to get things out of our house!  After we dropped off the storage stuff we noticed across the street was a gas station with a clothes drop off box.  Surrounding the box were about 11 men.  This is a common site on Ross Ave in Dallas in the early hours of Saturday and Sunday.  They stand in the parking lots of gas stations waiting for someone to come by that needs cheap labor.  They will work for cash and at a good price.  Give them $50 and a subway sandwhich and they will move lumber for you.  Anyway, since the clothes box was right there, we thought, "hmmmmmm".  So I drove across the street.  As soon as we pulled up they ran to our car all saying they could help us with whatever.  Preston quickly said, "no labor. dropping off some stuff...unless...."  We both reached our hands out with the bags and they grabbed them soooo fast!!  The ripped at the garbage bag and were tugging at the clothes.  Whoa.  But it made me very, very happy to give them away to people that WANTED them.  

The night was low key with Preston making his wonderful Salmon patties.  We needed the engergy for our runs on Sunday.  They were long ones!  Having that kind of food in my system totally makes a difference!  I was very excited about my time.  For me, this is great!  I was so excited I took a picture. Hehehe.  

 
I sent it to my sister who lives in Germany.  She also had gone for a run that morning and she sent me a picture of her running path.  So pretty!  I can't wait to go visit them.  We don't have a date set, but sometime in 1Q of 2014.  

Tonight is relaxing with football and dinner.  I put a whole chicken in the crock pot after my run this morning so dinner was:  salad, chicken, carrots, okra, and our special treat when I make a whole chicken....fried chicken liver! Yummy.  I report to my new job at 9am tomorrow morning.  Wish me luck! 

No comments: