Sunday, November 10, 2013

Running Thoughts

There won't be any pictures in this post.  This is just a post of my thoughts while I run.  I often think about so many topics on my long Sunday's.  I tell myself that when I get back I will write about it, but I never today.  I'm waiting on Preston to get back from his 20 mile (you read that correctly) so I thought I would go ahead and spill my brain.

I'm on week 9 of my training.  Week 10 starts tomorrow, which means only 4 more weeks until the half.  I'm feeling really positive about my running lately.  I have cut back on tremendously on my unhealthy eating and drinking.  I know it sounds very common sense, but whooza does that make a difference.  It is so worth it.  Last week I did 9 miles for my long run.  Today I was only needing to do 6.  It's funny to me as 9 weeks ago I would have never thought I could do 6 miles and think, "oh that's nothing!".  I got new running pants yesterday so I was excited to try them out.  They fit perfectly and will help me focus on my breathing vs my uncomfortable feeling of clothes.

As I set off for my run I tucked my new phone into my spy belt.  It's actually called that. Spy Belt.  It's really a fanny pack for runners, but I like calling it a spy belt instead.  Anyway, I have a new phone so my arm band is on order, thus me having to tuck the phone in the belt.  Without getting to boring, I am using a half training app.  I love it! In order for it to work properly, I have to run the apps in certain order.

Start running app
Start pandora
Then go back to running app

If I go away from the running app I am not able to hear the directions of "start running" "start walking" "begin your cool down", etc.  This is also the same if I lock my phone.

*****funny thing. I called my friend Lauren mid writing and the mid phone convo Preston came home from his run and I closed down my computer.*****

Just now getting back on here and have lost my focus on my "running thoughts".  What a lame post.

No comments: