Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's cool to lay on the floor

I was riding up the elevator just now and there was another person in there with me. I did not know this fellow. I was slightly leaning on my left elbow against the wood paneling and my butt was kind of on the rail behind wedged in the corner. I was standing on just my left foot with my right foot crossed over. My right foot was hoovering over the floor. Nothing unusal. Just another ride up the floors. The stranger had his hands full of papers and was playing on his blackberry. No words were spoken.

The elevators in our building are crazy. People get stuck, they dont work, they jump you around to the point that you think the whole cart is going to fall. Sometimes you get in there, the door shuts and then nothing happens. You just sit there.

Anyway, the stranger gets off on the 7th floor and the doors shut. I'm just going up to 10 so it's not that far. Well, the elevator decieded that it was going to be Flight of the Navigator and jolted upwards. This caused my body to fling outward and down. See, I was really only on one foot and slightly leaning to my left. So when this happened I was rocked to my right and had no support to brace myself. Down I went. I hit my elbow, but I think I will get to keep it. I came out of the elevator holding/rubbing my elbow. I'm ok...no need to send flowers or ballons.

1 comment: