Thursday, June 11, 2009

Look at that IDIOT!!

All night long I was woken up by the sound of thunder and lightning. Just when I would get back into my sleep the thunder would crack me awake. Of course Ashe was fine, not sure how. He ususally is all jumpy. I think he was exhausted from breaking things and pooing on the floor. Jerk.
So this morning I was getting ready for work and it started raining again. I looked out the window and it didn't look THAT bad. As if mocking me a loud crack rattled my dresser and the downpour came. Great. My raincoat is on my chair at work and my umbrella is tucked away in my backpack...also at work. You see, the problem I'm facing here is that Preston and I took the hard top off my Jeep this past week. One can't do this alone so it's not like I can go out to my garage and just throw the thing back on. Thank goodness that it is in a garage. I'm also going to "thank goodness" that we put on the bikini top. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here is a picture of a random Jeep showing what my Jeep looks like right now. Decked out in the same gear.

I waited and waited, hoping that it would die down. Finally I tucked my hair into my shirt, wrapped my winter pea coat tightly around me and was ready for my boat ride. You know, honestly....it really wasn't that bad. I had the windows up and as long as I was driving the rain wasn't coming in on me. It was only bad at the stop lights. If the wind was blowing just right it would come in the back and hit me on the top of my head. The other bad part was there are drain holes in the floor board. Every time I would hit a puddle it would splash UP onto my pant leg.

I avoided eye contact with all drivers as I knew that I looked like the stupidest person on Haskell Ave. I mean if you live here in Dallas you know what the rain storm is doing right now. If you were going down the street and a Jeep Wrangler pulled up next to you with the top off and a female sitting in there wouldn't you think, "What a idiot!!"

Alas, I made it here. Dry. I still feel stupid.

No comments: