Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Friends Episode

It is probablly a good thing I don't have a laundry shoot in my house. However the possiblities of things I would drop down it are endless. Besides the obvious, you know I would put Ashe down there at least ONCE just for fun. Last night had I had one, I would have wrapped up my fire alarm in a towel and dropped it. Just like Pheobe did in Friends.

I was asleep, finally. A "beep" woke me up. I didn't jolt up, I just opened my eyes and laid there. Ashe didn't move so I wasn't sure if I really heard a noise or not. I was pushing back the thougth that is was my security alarm notifying me that someone was about to kill me. Just when I thought I made it up, I heard it again. BEEP. It was my fire alarm. The battery was dying. Blast. Of all the times. Picking up my phone I checked the time, 12:36am. Ok, Ok, I still have time to sleep. I get out of bed and go stand in the hallway. The bad thing about fire alarms is they are like silent buggers. They make a short beep and then are silent again. Standing in the hall I have one right above me, one to my left in the guest bedroom and one to my right in my bedroom. One would think it would be easy to figure out the beep but oh no. No My Friends. It was difficult.

I ended up taking all 3 off the wall, laying them down on the bed and staring at them. Waiting for them to make a noise. It was like that game at the fair where the little gophers pop out of a hole for you to hit them. I was doing that, but with my ear. Ha! just thought of me slamming my head on them. I didn't do that. I did however figure out the problem alarm. And of course I couldn't figure out how to open the battery thingy. So, I put it between 2 towels. Nope. Could still hear it. I wrestled with the back and finally got the battery out. I then remembered the Friends episode where Pheobe can't get it to stop beeping so she puts in the shoot. I instead, to be on the safe side, wrapped it up in some sheets and put in it my closet.

Seemed to do the trick. I slept well enough to oversleep this morning and lose my parking spot at work. :(

1 comment:

KRiSTiN said...

Too bad you DON'T have a laundry shoot. Didn't a fireman HAND DELIVER the broken alarm back to her door? That could be interesting... :)