Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thirsty Thursday

Tuesday was my friend Kristin's birthday. We decieded Thursday that we would go have ONE drink for her "yeah I'm 28" mark. 5pm rolled around and we made our way to the Stoneleigh P. It was right by work and something easy. I decieded to drive so we could take one car. On Monday I was behind Kristin as she left work and heard her peal out at one turn and then jumped the curb on the next. Whoa! I have to admit that I laughed when she did that. Anywho, we found a table on the patio and settled in. It wasn't long before we started really looking at our surroundings.

The lady in the window rested her chin on her hand and was drinking in every word that the gentlemen across from her said. Kristin and I made up our own ideas of who they were and what they were talking about. His hands streched out as if he were describing a fish he had caught last Saturday and we bursted out in laughter as the lady continued to gaze in amazment. Oh' that was funny. I then was in the middle of some long story when I felt like someone was really close behind me. I could see Kristin looking a little distracted by something over my right shoulder. I casually turned to look and BAM! I kid you not. There was an older gentlemen sitting literally inches from my back. We made a L with our shoulder blades. The WHOLE patio was empty at this time but nooooooo, he wanted right by me. Aw. I felt like he was an FBI agent and we both were very aware of our conversation. Then after a restroom break Kristin came back with a humours story about the steel clade door that she went to push open only to smash her face into when it didn't move. Of course this was followed by me 30 mins later doing the exact same thing since I forgot and then trying to hold in my giggles as I entered the restroom. Who laughs to themselves in a public restroom?? me.

There then was the weirdo who kept circling our table with a Chick-fil-A cup randomly talking to either someone on his phone or to himself. It was odd. We just kind of ignored him.

Three glasses of wine later for me, two for Durbs, the evening was topped off with my outburst that caught the attention of a random guy walking by. I don't even remember what we were doing but I know we were on a tanget about something that was silly. I leaned forward in my best old man impression I said, "I'm a Perv!" It came out louder than I meant and the the guy walking by turned to look at me. Right away I raise my hands and say, "oh' no! not me!! I was just saying that. I'm not a perv!" ugggggggghhh. That was something he won't forget. The girl at the Stoneleigh who said to her other female friend in a creepy voice that she was a perv.

That was our que to leave. We got the tab and as we left the patio we noticed a kitty cat walking the fence. Again we discussed what it was doing/thinking. It stopped and licked his paw, "oh ow! that hurt" he stepped on something. Then he kept walking. We decieded that we need to do this more often. It's just a matter of figureing out how and when.

2 comments:

KRiSTiN said...

I had sooo much fun! And you forgot about plaid jacket lady, my odd flick of the wrist obsession, you almost drinking a tiny bug, my fingers in my drink and you hitting the curb TOO as we drove there!!

Sarah said...

oh' I did love your wrist obsession and the fingers in your drink was awesome. so much.