Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This Mad Me Really Upset! (warning, what you read is not nice)

PLANO - Concern spread through a Plano neighborhood after a homeowner opened his mailbox Sunday to find a neighbor's dead cat inside.
Merilynne Boydston's cat had been cut in half.
"Someone deliberately tortured my cat by cutting her in half," she said.
The neighbor who found the cat said he was sickened by the discovery.
"I opened it and quickly shut it back because I've never seen anything like that before," said the neighbor, who did not want to be identified.
Over the past ten years, Plano police said they have never seen such a case in the neighborhood off Arbor Downs and Alma drives. Instead, they have only received calls about vandalisms and break-ins.
Now, Boydston said she worries something similar could happen down the line.
"She didn't do anything wrong," she said of her cat.
Animal control officers say cases like this are rare; and catching the culprit is even rarer. Detectives have little to go on and are hoping a witness will come forward.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I seriously saw the headline and shut my laptop I was so sick.