Thursday, April 16, 2009

8.0 - Whoa!

As if it hasn't been all over my facebook status for the past week and if you have talked to me lately you already know this BUT, last night was the first concert at 8.0's in Ft. Worth for 2009. Every Wednesday from about April to September the radio station The Ranch, puts on free (until this year) concerts. They feature artist that are considered Texas Country. It is outside and weather permitting, usually a really good time and a nice break to a work week. For the past 2 summers my friend Karen and I have gone every Wednesday. Well the Wednesday's that we could. So far the only things that have stopped us have been, weather, artist that we have NO interest in, H, or out of town.
Last night was the first night for 2009. We were excited to have something fun to look forward to during the week as well as see our friends that we have made over the years. It is usually the same people so as you can imagine, you get to know each other. Because it was the first one for 2009 we decieded to pull out all the stops. We don't normally do alllll of the highlighted events.
I picked Karen up from work and were on our way. Traffic wasn't that bad but I had just downloaded The Zac Brown Band album so we listened to that over and over to learn the songs. It was a straight shot to the nail salon. We had to get pedicures. This place is so good that we usually only go about once every 3 weeks. The 2 ladies talked us into getting the Milk & Honey pedicure vs the Sunkissed like we normally do. It was $10 more, but we were only doing it this time. Rest of the summer was Sunkissed. (ha) We got our complimentary glass of wine and chatted. It was nice to relax. Jenny B and Anna were very pleasent and did a really good job! About an hour later we left and went to da Chick. aka Chick-fil-a. Now to make a long story short....Karen can not walk in those pedi flip flops they give you while your nails are drying. Yet she tries! I have to give her that. We didn't even make it to the door from the car before her flop was parallel to her foot and one strap was broken. Gosh Darn It she worked that flop all the way. I don't know if you heard the rumors about the free tax day offer from Chick-fil-a, but when we got up to order we asked about it. The rumor was that if you save your reciept and bring it back in before April 30th you get the same order for free!! We asked and they said that they heard that too, but only as a rumor and that nothing had come from corp regarding the offer. Hmmmm...Karen and I made our may back to the car with our "to go" food. (Karen sans flip flops at this point) We realized they didn't give us our reciepts. Blast!! We weren't going to be those people so we just went on our way and let it go. But it was hard, I feel like they did that on purpose. Oh' well....let it go.
We quickly ate our awesome chick-fil-a and changed clothes. Our friend Cindy met us at Karen's house and off we went. The drive isn't that far. Plus we had lots to talk about again. Surprise. Parked for free in our regular garage, floor 5. Has to be the same floor. Now this year 8.0's has started a $2 charge. Whatever, but still. We got our dollar bills ready and I crossed my fingers that they would let me in with my expired since February 14, 2009 drivers license. I have ordered another one, but it has yet to arrive. The print out that I show stating I ordered another has also expired. Yeah! I made it in. I hope no one is using my idea to purchase illegal items. Yikes! Anywho, we soon meet up with our friends and for the first time EVER Karen and I try a "8.0's Blue Thing". This to me looks like a stupid drink. It's neon blue, yadda, yadda. But when someone else is buying it for you, you try it out. It wasn't really that bad, but I will never order one again. Regardless the music was GREAT. Saw our friends and caught up on what they have been up too, took pictures, and did the infamous fist pump with the iron fist that guards the trees on the patio.
If anyone ever wants to join us. We are there around 7:30ish on Wednesdays. Last night we didn't go to bed until 1am!! But that is so not normally what we do. This was just Opening Day. Normally we are home, in bed by 11pm. Here are some pictures:









No comments: