Tuesday, April 7, 2009

...makes you bounce when you walk down the street.

Yesterday I went to the Rangers Opening Day at the Ballpark in Arlington. Now I'm not a HUGE baseball fan, but I love the atmosphere of a baseball game and all that comes with it. My friend Karen and set off from work around 11:30am and went to her house to change. Our idea of cute tank tops was squashed with the cold front so we zipped up or matching (not on purpose) hoodies and filled water bottles with Malibu. I was very sleepy from the past 2 days even though Sunday was a relaxing day of Man vs Food marathon and grilling some steaks. Mmmmm. As we sat in traffic Karen did her make-up and I reclined the chair to enjoy a cat nap. Meow! It was great. about 15 mins later I awoke and ready to go. Chair up, windows down, sunroof open, and the 16 year old kids doing eyebrow push-ups while speaking to us in Spanish. Come on Green Light. change. CHANGE!


We final got parked but only after picking up a friend in the median, me being asked if I was someone's wife by a parking attendent, and a voyage across a mini grand canyon. Of course we took the option to cut across a wooded path instead of the paved sidewalk. Eh - it spices up life. Instead of going straight to the game we stopped off for some breakfast tacos and beverages. Technically it was our breakfast. The short stop turned into us staying their until the top of the 7th. Into the game we went. It was sooooooo cold. Like the wind was slicing you with little icicles cold. Lucky for us we had been giving some Suite tickets so the whipping of the wind was quickly put on hold as we sat for the rest of the game. Time to go to the CONCERT! I'm sure the game was great.


Now we wanted a good watching spot so I went ahead to check it out and find my other friend Kristin while Karen stood in the loooooooooooong line for the restroom. Kristin and I are on our cells trying to find each other in a sea of madness. And then it happened. I see her at the bottom of the grassy slope. We raise our hands up and do the ever so popular girly yell. This is followed by our reinactment of a slow motion run towards each other. To us this was funny and we didn't care what we looked like. To us it was out of the movie that my life is, at least to me it is. It was then another task to find Karen! We finally found her and planted ourselves in the front room and were ready to dance/sing/whistle. I just loving Texas Country. It makes me smile. Here we are!


Needless to say we had a wonderful time! It was the perfect Monday afternoon. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if the weather was in the 80's. But you can't have everything so you have to take what you do have, embrace it, and let it linger.

1 comment:

KRiSTiN said...

wait....

you CAN'T have everything?!?!

ooohhhh.